Which Compressor?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastminute

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for compressor for use with brad nailers etc.
Oiled or oil less...which?
...quiet one would be preferred!
Price up to £200

has it got to be transportable easily.....?
if so it'll be a little direct drive screamer.....buit the up side they are easy to get oiless....
my little oiless was bought from Aldi umpteen years ago, still works well..often do tyres with it.....
most will run from a genny....
if u go garage style comp u wont get much for 200 squids new.....
so ur choice a new screamer or a good used workshop type...

If noise level is important to you then ignore any advert that says 'quiet' or 'low noise' and make sure you hear it running and decide for yourself. All compressors I've come across or owned at your price point are extremely noisy.

I have 2 comp's one is a gert big garage type that does clonk on and is in no way portable

The second one is a Bambi silent comp and yes it is silent you can only just hear it when running , It is portable but still quite heavy , my unit is a oil type

Last edited:
i bought the Orazio 24 l silent compressor about 6 months ago, only use for hobby use , pressure pot dusting down and tyre inflation, no problems so far, it is quiet compact and maintenance free, about 115 quid i think, had to buy a quick connector which was about £3, i done loads of research, i liked the SGS 1 but living in a built up area with Neighbours very close i decided it had to be a silent one, for the amount i use it i couldn't justify a well known brand ( the Bambi came top of my list if money no object or i was using it all day), so it had to be a Chinese cheap as chips one, lots of reports the tap leaks but i thought i can get a good brass i on Ebay for less than a fiver if this is a issue , which it turns out its not been, so as far as i am concerned im a happy bunny, how long it lasts i would not like to say, but so far so good

Back