Which car breakdown cover ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cordy

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking for cover for one car, two drivers
We know about RAC, AA and Green Flag -- any more reliable companies that cover the North West ?
Any info/recommendations much appreciated

Try Emergency Assist ,off hand i think the price is around £30 , needed to use them a couple of years ago and they were fast and efficient

I remember cars breaking down when I was younger, didn't realise it happened anymore.

I remember cars breaking down when I was younger, didn't realise it happened anymore.
Have to agree.
Get your servicing done at a small one or two man garage and if you are unfortunate enough to have a problem they will sort you out quicker than a national company.

But it's different if you travel all over.

startrescue.co.uk get good Which rating and seem cheap. Have been rescued once by them (cam belt went) and they were reasonably fast and efficient - they took car to repair man and gave me a lift home

+ another for Autoaid 👍

I initially read about them on Martin Lewis’ site several years ago and joined them because of low cost and the recommendations of many others who’d written about them. At that time you had to pay for the recovery yourself, then reclaim the monies…..used this system twice and had no issues whatsoever, in fact it was a breeze.

They removed the prepaying a few years ago (if I’m not mistaken I think they were bought out by another parent company??) and now also cover partners too as well as any car that I’m in (I think that’s the case anyway).

Would def recommend!

Back