Which benchtop bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which benchtop bandsaw

• Record Power BS250 for £159 - extras blades and 5 year Guarantee

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SCHEPPACH BASATO1 for £159

• Axminster AWSBS Bandsaw for £140

• None of the above - please state reason

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Simon, thanks for the link. Downloaded and ready for inputting :lol:

CYC, nice idea that :wink:

What chisels did you get with the mortiser? He could only find a 12mm and he'll send the rest once they turn up. Do you find it hard to move up and down, or is it because mine has a bit of rust on

Andy

Lynx, the morticer came with the 1/2" chisel and the retailer gave me a free 1/4" with it. So that's respectively 12.7mm and 6.xmm. I used both on different projects.

What do you mean by moving up and down? Are you talking about moving the motor part up and down the pillar or the action of plunging with the lever?
I find the lever could do with being longer to make it more effortless, I would agree the plunging action requires a solid arthristis free shoulder :wink:
In fact if you are talking about moving the motor (and chisel) up and down the pillar I would also agree it's not easy and it's most likely not helped by rust on yours.

CYC, i was talking about the moving the motor up and down the pillar. Well, going down is no problem but it's the going up.

I'm giving it a clean and oil at the weekend.

I had a test last night, first on a piece of softwood and then on a piece of walnut. Even with the chisel being slightly rusty, it was a nice clean cut. Pretty impressed.

Ahh, so if it only came with a 1/2" then i better tell the buyer to stop looking for the 3/8" and 1/4" then

Andy

Back