Which Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John p

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi , I am in the market for a bandsaw but am not sure what one . I thought a max cutting height of 6" and costing up to £300 preferably bench mounted so i can move it for space but will consider floor mounted . The one's i am considering are Dewalt , Electra bachm , rexon , Nu-tool

I'm a newbie to woodwork . I have just built a shed for a work shop ( 16' - 12 ' ) :D and am not sure which is the best way to go bandsaw or table saw

John p":3rvcnsdk said:
I'm a newbie to woodwork . I have just built a shed for a work shop ( 16' - 12 ' ) :D and am not sure which is the best way to go bandsaw or table saw

welcome fellow newbie. I started with a table saw and only recently bought a band-saw. I managed without a bandsaw by using a jigsaw and/or circular saw. My original tablesaw was a combination of table & mitre saw (but not a flip saw).

BTW what insulation/heating do you have in your shed? I've just built a 14x10 and lined it with OSB with fibreglass insulation in the gap.

The shed is corrugated steell ( the sort that they use on commercial sites ) and lined with osb . Osb on a wooden frame then steel on to that . Iv still got to line the inside , i will use insulation slabe's , damp proof membrane then osb . I'm a bit behind schedule because i'm of sick :( with a hand injury ( work not woodwork ) . This might sound like overkill but i'm paranoid about security .

Hi Guys,
Pardon my ignorance here but can you tell me what OSB is please? Makes understanding the question SO much easier!!
Thanks in advance and does everyone agree this is a great idea for UK woodorkers to share ideas?
Regards,
Graham

Thanks Sawdust producer,
Have seen the stuff many times but just didn't know what it was called!
Thanks again,
Regards,
Graham

Back