Which Bandsaw..??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Midnight

Established Member
Reaction score
Title says it all really...

a little context..

As I've said before, my shop is tiny, real small, therefore I need to temper desire with reason; I need capability in a small footprint without sacrificing build quality.

Capacity wise, I'm looking for "reasonable"... whatever that may be.. I'd love an 18" or 21" but can neither afford the shop space nor cost.. That said, it needs to be capable of taking the place of my table saw; I need to loose it to make room for a proper handraulic bench...

It needs to be sturdy, yet light enough to move around the shop when fitted with suitable castors; when not in use I need to stash it in a corner.

I reckon features such as tilting table aren't nearly as important as a dead accurate cut; this has to be my "go to" saw as anything it can't handle will need to be cut with the sidewinder or with handraulics.

As well as the above, I need a god manufacturer, excellent supplier and exemplary back up; this machine needs to meet my needs for quite some time before I can provide some back up...

I'm open to suggestions...

Ohh.. for the record... I won't be looking to fit a dado blade to this one... ;)

Record Power BS300 comes with castors ,stand ,cast iron table, feels well made to me, good reviews in mags. I am happy with mine and there are smaller and larger in record range.

Mike
I have the Record Select RBS14-had a couple of years now and it is great. Will deep cut to 8 inchs, takes 19mm wide blades and plenty of power. Maybe not the biggest/most pro saw out there but for my needs its great.
Hope this helps
Philly :D

Well I replaced my Axminster BS350 (a good workhorse) with a Startrite 401s at the D&M show last October. (An early 50th birthday present to me!) I have built a false table as the cast Iron table is too low when used alongside my workbench, this can easily be removed for very deep cuts. It has a small footprint and despite its weight (150Kg) it moves around the workshop with ease when I need more room for cutting long boards.
Apart from accurate cuts for cabinet making I needed a bandsaw for resawing 12" boards. I am very pleased with it despite the cost!
Mike-W

Latest posts

Back