Which bandsaw should I get.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

althegog

Reaction score
Hi all
Looking for advice on which bandsaw I should go for as a beginner. I have narrowed it down to the following.
SIP 01477 12" Professional Wood Bandsaw
Axminster Craft AC2606B Bandsaw
Record power BS300E premium Bandsaw
Thanks

Hmmmm a small tablesaw may be more suitable to that kind of work. Bandsaws can be very very accurate but it is usually the better (more expensive) models and they all need some fettling and good quality blades.

Thank you for the reply I am hoping to move onto bandsaw boxes and other projects. Just wondering which one of the three is best as a starter saw.

buy the largest capacity and highest quality you can afford, bargains to be had in the second hand market. If you are going to do bandsaw boxes you will need an accurate saw to make it enjoyable and decent results.

If youre going to cut scrap wood and / or pallets, you will need lots of blades. One buried nail or even a thick staple and the blade is severely damaged.

Bandsaw boxes are how I started woodwork, you can see them in my link below. But beware, bandsaws can cut fingers off quicker than they can cut wood.
NEVER push wood into the blade with your fingers. NOT ONCE. 8)

I have the RP BS300E and am very pleased with it. The upper blade steel guide rack and pinion is far superior to the Axminster aluminium version, can’t speak for the SIP. The blade guides are not as good as the later roller bearings but I find them perfectly adequate and industry managed with this style of guides for many years so they can’t be that bad...

I can't understand why the slot in the table usually goes to the left, where the fence guide rail is. Meaning you have to take the fence off to change the blade. Somtimes it goes to the front which is better, but never to the right, which I would think would be the best.

Latest posts

Back