which 190 dia saw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob

Pint of bass, porkpie, and packet of crisps please
Reaction score
Looking at new blades for my little Makita saw, lots on offer.
Which is best 190 dia blade for clean cut in 12 to 18mm ply?
Is it just down to number of teeth (more=finer) or are there other factors?

60 to 72 tooth ATB. Go finer than that and the blade may start to clog and you might get scorching. Whilst triple chip is better for use on veneered or laminated surface materials they are almost non-existent for portable saws. I'd recommend blades by Freud as being a good blade if not the cheapest whilst for a lower cost blade Saxton ae well worth looking at as their performance is very good - only downside is that they don't have much carbide on them, so tend to not regrind many times

60 to 72 tooth ATB. Go finer than that and the blade may start to clog and you might get scorching. Whilst triple chip is better for use on veneered or laminated surface materials they are almost non-existent for portable saws. I'd recommend blades by Freud as being a good blade if not the cheapest whilst for a lower cost blade Saxton ae well worth looking at as their performance is very good - only downside is that they don't have much carbide on them, so tend to not regrind many times
Thanks. Saxton have big discounts Leading UK Supplier of Multi Tool Blades & Accessories - Saxton Blades including triple tip.
Not having a track saw it occurred to me that I only need to make one or two clean cuts with a straight edge in a large board to make it easily handleable over my TS.

Back