Which 1/2" Router?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
A) deWalt

http://www.axminster.co.uk/dewalt-dw625 ... rod577266/

or
B) Trend

http://www.axminster.co.uk/trend-trend- ... rod719684/

I don't mind having to buy a 'fine adjuster separately, if the deWalt is the better router. (Has a few extra collets)

Of the two, I have used only the deWalt, (and that just for a short time.) It seemed okay. Not as good as the Elu (Which I in a moment of madness, I sold!) but was adequate. Does anyone have experience of both please? (Or as a third option the big Bosch)

Thanks in Anticipation :D

Hi I have the dewalt , and have had it for for about 7 years , and have done many a worktop as well as countless rebates and nosings. I think it is a good solid workhorse and it has never missed a beat hope this helps

personally i don't think theres anything to choose between the two, basically the same machine anyway, worth looking at D&Ms who've got the 625 for £224 on offer at mo, which would clinch it for me!

Trend if you ask me.

Im lead to believe you can't adjust the height from the base with the DeWalt which I find is a great feature on the tread as it speeds up fine hight adjustments when your using a ruler or similar to measure how far the cutter is coming out. Its also a great feature if you plan to use it in a table.

Thanks for the heads up folks.

Main thing is that there are no any major cons for either. So I am obliged. I think the black Trend might go better with my work shop decor! :mrgreen:

Also saw some clamps at D&H, (About whom I knew very little.) Gonna cost me another 160 odd quid I suppose for some new Besseys! Oh well, what is a hobby for if not to 'murder time and munnie!' So thanks for that too Ade. :lol:

Having used both, I wouldn't buy trend again. It doesn't seem as well put together as the dewalt, just my opinion.

Mcluma":2wlua3zb said:
I have the bosch

Cheers Mac

Would that be the one that is over £400.00 at the moment? It looks like a beast, and whilst I am perfectly used to routers, I use them mostly by hand.
it shouldn't be too difficult to handle, but one never knows!

Thanks Chris :D

I use the Dewalt daily at work and have the Trend at home, I can honestly say they are both great and almost identical, for my money I'd stick with the trend as the height can be adjusted from underneath which is great when mounted in a table also I find the fine adjustment more positive. Having said that if your always going to use it handheld then the extra cost will never be justified and you'd be better with the cheaper Dewalt model.

Thanks folks.

Looks like I will have to decide for which purpose I am likely to use this router the most.
I don't do much in the way of router table work, and all I have for that, is the Trend 'Tufnol' table and Routerack, which is useable. I find it best when used with the columns in overhead mode though. On balance though, I think I might go the extra cost for the adjustability features of the Trend.
Thanks for the input. It's much appreciated.

And Ade.... I just ordered a box of 4 Bessey long clamps from D&M. About £35.00 cheaper than my usual supplier.

Think I'd better start making the cart for my Triton workcentre. By the time the clamps arrive, I shall just about be ready for the 'long glue-up'! :D

Thanks again all :)

good result with the clamps at least! if going for the t11 and you're not in a rush its often worth checking on the trend site as they often have 'b & c' graded stuff (damage to packaging etc) at discounted prices, i've had a few bits and bobs and wouldn't of known any difference from normal. have had a look but theres only t4 & 5s at the mo unfortunately. out of curiosity i'll ask mt mate for a price tomorrow, if he's in a good mood i'll get a decent discount (big if though!!).

Latest posts

Back