Where's Custard?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeG.

Established Member
Reaction score
Last seen over 6 weeks ago. Anyone know where he is and why he hasn't posted? Anyone know him in real life, and know that he's OK?

He got lost in the BBC Rant thread. We should throw him a life line before he drowns but I don't want to put a boat to sea in that festering ocean of blurgh. poor guy.

maybe he's busy making furniture? I also noticed that woodbrains seems to have left the site, which would be a shame if he's gone, like custard he really knows his stuff, would be a real shame if they leave, I learnt a lot from them both. Custard sent me some stunning figured wood in 2017 and is one of the most encouraging and generous members on here.

Maybe he is a bit disappointed that only a few members post items of furniture they make, despite the help he gives us.

John

Like everyone else, I value Custard's contributions to these forums. Possibly more than anyone elses. It would be a shame if he stopped posting, for any reason. Maybe he's working on a book...

+1 here - and I don't even build furniture, and probably never will!

"Come back Custard, all is forgiven" ;-)

Seriously, hope he's healthy/everything's OK.

Hello everyone.

Thanks for all your concern but I'm hale and hearty, working on some great furniture commissions as well as yacht fit outs and lots of other woodworking jobs.

If you're actually making stuff and need help then just drop me a PM. If you're in the South Hampshire area you're welcome to drop by and take advantage of my workshop facilities, but if you live further away I'll always help in any way I can.

Glad to hear you're fine and well. And busy too :D Hope Roobarb's behaving himself ;)

custard":a1oydfk9 said:
Hello everyone.

Thanks for all your concern but I'm hale and hearty, working on some great furniture commissions as well as yacht fit outs and lots of other woodworking jobs.

If you're actually making stuff and need help then just drop me a PM. If you're in the South Hampshire area you're welcome to drop by and take advantage of my workshop facilities, but if you live further away I'll always help in any way I can.

Hmmmmmm
Disappears for months at a time
Fitting out yachts (secret compartments)
Maintains a respectable image back in UK

Just kidding - glad to hear you're okay

:eek:ccasion5:
Great news man.
Currently finishing off a cocobolo ring box lined with 0.5 mm purple pig skin backed with 180 gsm card.
Working on consistently taking more time and care to work precisely and without losing attention.
Don't know why I mention it here. Custard had absolutely no influence on all three parts of that statement.
:roll:

Good to hear all is well even if you are of no use or positive influence. :wink:
Best regards as always.
Chris

custard":33i9b8lt said:
Hello everyone.

Any yacht photos we can see?!

Back