Where ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alexam

Bandsaw Boxmaker
Reaction score
I have been looking for an Excalibur scrollsaw but even though my search has been wide, nothing seems to come up. It's getting near my birthday and I wanted to surprise myself with a pressie. Where are they?

Malcolm

I know the Axminster offer and that may have to be if I cannot find one used, but in the UK, there are none. I check Google, loads of reviews but nothing used now and other sites almost daily but nothing coming up.

Hi Malcolm,

Looking at the Axminster site depending on which model you wanted and if you could face the temptation that would undoubtedly follow, Nuneaton Store are showing both a EX-21 and an EX-30.

Best of luck with the search and I hope you act suitably surprised when you show yourself what you've bought you :)

Pete

Edited : Cause I can't even read the name of the person I'm writing to.

WibbleWobble":10jk4g2h said:
Hi Alex,

Looking at the Axminster site depending on which model you wanted and if you could face the temptation that would undoubtedly follow, Nuneaton Store are showing both a EX-21 and an EX-30.

Best of luck with the search and I hope you act suitably surprised when you show yourself what you've bought you :)

Pete

They do the EX16 as well and that's what I would buy new, but would consider the Ex16 or Ex 21 used

I believe that happens sometimes when certain companies gives an exclusive contract to one company ( Axminster) Rather than say they don' stock it anymore, they try and deceive buyers that the machine in question is not available anywhere (although they don't say that) and try and sell something else.

Axminster have the UK contract now.

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

I told you they were like rocking horse poo to find second hand did'nt I.

When people buy these they tend to keep hold of them, but compared to Hegners they are thinner on the ground due to Hegners being supplied to many schools and colleges.

In your position I would consider buying new with a view to keeping it long term.

Thanks David,
you did tell me, but I was just keeping fingers crossed that one may come up. It seems that I will probably have to buy new, but not necessarily for the long term myself, as my pearch may get slippery past the 75th year next month. However, my son Mark has a bit of a flair for scrolling and although he doesn't get a lot of time, having a better machine around may entice him to do more later on.

Hope you are working well with your stacked scroll work, you have a great shop there with space to move around.

The 'driftwood project' has not moved much just yet, but I have been buying a few sticks of driftwood to add to it to make a Fairy castle, or Witches castle, havent made up my mind yet, but do see it as something 'different'. Will let you know more when I move forward and try and take a few photos as I build it.

All the best

Malcolm

Good afternoon all,

The original Excalibur Scroll is no longer available but we will be introducing an upgraded "Axminster Trade" badged machine later next month. The part numbers will be, 101771 for the EX-16, 101772 for the EX-21 and 101773 for the EX-30.

Here is a sneak preview of how they will look!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    235.5 KB · Views: 181
The one shown looks like what used to be the EX30 model. Outwardly very similar to the GI Excalibur models. I would like to know what these "upgrades" consist of apart from the Axi Trade grey paint job?

I don't suppose Axi would let me start dismantling it in the shop to compare it with my EX21! (hammer) :lol:

Dunno, you could take your tools along and see what they say. I was told that there are no actual changes other than the colour and price, so we will have to see.

Malcolm

Back