Where?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The common tip is to find somewhere (a power tool supplier) that brazes (joins) bandsaw blades to length.

These shop buy their blades in looong rolls, and cut each length to suit their customers order.

At the end of a roll they're left with lengths of blade too short to make into a loop for a bandsaw.

With suitable asking, you can obtain these "end pieces" cheap or free.

BugBear

Scrit... would those blades be suitable for building a resaw?? Same idea *sorta kinda) as the bow saw but with 2 streachers and a central blade...??

Hi to All,

of the huge quantity of shopmade tools I made - I'm joking- :lol: there's a frame saw such type Midnight says. That with the blade in the middle and two streachers outside. The wood was oak chestnut and the blade is came from an old broken blade of my carpenter. I sawn the blade to the right length and I made two holes for the pins tensioner.
The inspiration was from here
Unfortunately how you know I haven't a own digital camera hence no photo :cry: .
The blade is an 2 points per cm :shock: but yet I haven't been able to set it properly (sharpening and setting).

Bugbear,
I done some serches to find who brazes (joins) bandsaw blades but without to find nothing...Perhaps the only solution is to buy a blade for wood bad saw and to do the same as said back.

Midnight":26mhr1z0 said:
Scrit... would those blades be suitable for building a resaw?? Same idea *sorta kinda) as the bow saw but with 2 streachers and a central blade...??
Ermmm.... Think it was SCOTT who posted that one. I've seen fleam-tooth blades used in a couple of German joinery shops where the blade cuts in both directions. They're used to saw down a tenon and cut really quickly. I believe the blades are made by either Eberle or Kunz and that type of saw is certainly made by both Ulmia and ECE Emmerich (Primus)

Scrit

Hi all,

I have been following this thread with special interest, since I have just yesterday finished a small bowsaw for sawing the curved parts of some stools. I am quite happy, how it came out, but one important question is still left for me: What number of teeth per inch would the experienced bowsaw users recommend? I installed provisionally a cutoff of an old broken bandsaw blade. But with for 4 tpi and about 12 mm width it's much too coarse for the intended purpose. 6mm-blades are available for me in Germany with 10 tpi - intended for cutting plastics - or with 14 tpi - intended for metal cutting. I tend to buy a 10 tpi blade, but should be glad for some advice.

Cheers

Ulrich

B517.jpg

Can't help on the recommendations for teeth but I can say thats looks lovely! Well done. 8)

Adam

Back