Where to watch for sales? (Triton tra001)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julianf

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been eyeing up the trition tra001.

Current best targets are Screwfix or Toolstation, both at £219.

If anyone knows any better in the time after Christmas, would they let me know?

Thank you
Julian

ajcr27":1e7ojto4 said:
Keep an eye on a seller on ebay "Sharelead" as they often have Triton: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EX-DEMO-TRIT ... SwivBd6lVr

It's funny, I rarely have an issue buying used from private sellers, but am always a bit cautious about ex demo. I never know if it's out of a display case in a shop, or completely knackered from demos to people who don't care....

It makes me cautious.

Especially with no pictures of the actual router, how can you tell the condition with no pics?

julianf":iptp7ioz said:
ajcr27":iptp7ioz said:
Keep an eye on a seller on ebay "Sharelead" as they often have Triton: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EX-DEMO-TRIT ... SwivBd6lVr

It's funny, I rarely have an issue buying used from private sellers, but am always a bit cautious about ex demo. I never know if it's out of a display case in a shop, or completely knackered from demos to people who don't care....

It makes me cautious.

Still comes with a guarantee which, if you register it promptly, is valid for three years. I don't know if it's usual practice but when I had to return mine I received a brand new one which - four years on - is still going strong. Watch it fail now I've said that.

More than the fact it has a guarantee is the amount of people that have had to use it, myself included, they do not seem to be very reliable out of the box, don't know if that is indicative, but they seem to fail very early and only once returned become better, made in Australia, repaired in the UK?

The listing on eBay for the sharelead one specifically says there is no manufacturer warranty -

Although ex-demo items are not covered under the manufacturer's guarantee, your eBay guarantee is unaffected.

I suspect the eBay cover is just money back if it breaks, and probably for a much shorter time span of cover.

I think e-bay do not give that sort of guarantee, it's only for the product arriving and being what was described as far as I know.

julianf":1ry259qb said:
The listing on eBay for the sharelead one specifically says there is no manufacturer warranty -

Although ex-demo items are not covered under the manufacturer's guarantee, your eBay guarantee is unaffected.

I suspect the eBay cover is just money back if it breaks, and probably for a much shorter time span of cover.

As did mine. Ex-demo doesn't necessarily mean it's actually ex-demo or that it's even out of the box. Mine arrived still shrink-wrapped and I had no problem registering it and received almost immediately via email a certificate covering the full three years. My oscillating sander and thicknesser all came from Sharelead, each registered without problem.

ebay have 20% off currently - up to a max of £100.

Code: PREP2020

Search for the seller buyaparcel if you would like to find qualifying tools but it does not look like they have Triton

Yup, I spotted that, thank you. I looked for ffx who carry the Triton, but they were not listed.

I'll have another look in the morning.

Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back