Where to source wood (South Buckinghamshire)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tetsuaiga

Established Member
Reaction score
I was wondering how people go about getting their wood. I've had a look around online and maybe I had a bad estimate of what to expect but this one website selling wood seemed very expensive http://www.timbercut4u.co.uk/.

Some prices makes me think it would be easier to just go out to the some wood, cut then season myself, that could take a while and its generally illegal though.

I guess you need to find local places really. Anything else I shouldnt forget?

I believe there's a wood reclamation place in South Bucks. Can't remember where, but may be worth a Google?

My location is just outside Marlow.

The wood recycling place looks very interesting and is close to me. I'm not too sure they'd have the stuff I want, im just starting off trying to make a few simple instruments. I'm not after top end tonewood as im a complete beginner but would like it to be quartersawn and if possible air dried.

Its starting to feel like sourcing the wood is going to be some of the most challenging part of the project. Have been pm'd one nice place to get wood however.

Thanks for the help.

Hi there Tetsuaiga

I know the guys at Chiltern Wood Recycling quite well. I'm putting their website together for them at the moment. Jon and Andy are the guys to speak to there. They have a stash of hardwood off cuts. If you ask nicely they will show you what they have ;-) You will need to re-saw it but might find something that you are after.

Cheers

Back