Where to source hardwood in norfolk?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris46

Reaction score
Hello all.

As the title says, where would I source hardwood in Norfolk? At the moment I work near Oxford wood recycling and that is a wonderful place of awesomeness. But alas I'm soon to move, so hopefully I can stock up before I go. I've seen a hardwood offcut guy in Brentwood Essex and another community scheme in Northampton, these are a little way away. Just wondered what folk do in rural areas? Yearly pilgrimage to your favourite yard?
Thanks guys for your time

There’s also Shrublands, they get in nice trees that they plank and then start the seasoning. However, these seem to sell quickly for home seasoning. They sometimes have an open day during the summer.

Shrubland Woodland Products

I am not rural, but rather than an annual trip to buy wood I would buy it on a project by project basis- what you need and some to cover wastage, slightly ahead of when you need it so that it can settle down inside. It may not be the most efficient way in terms of time but it saves having too much timber laying around and still not having what you need.

AC Timber in Ely do runs several time each week to Norfolk. They are great to deal with and their oak packs are good value, too. I also buy in Suffolk from Ben Loughrill near Halesworth and

Ben Sutton at Shotley Call Ben Sutton +44 (0) 1986 781 575 · [email protected]

Not used it myself, but apparently this place is pretty good. They have separate ‘standard’ and ‘hardwood’ timber yards I’m led to believe.

A&W Cushion | Timber Merchants in Norwich & Great Yarmouth
Yes indeed A&W Cushion do stock a very comprehensive stock of various hardwoods, not far from the city centre. I have used them several times in the past but be warned they are expensive all prices marked on the timber are plus VAT not many bargains here but OK for small projects

Latest posts

Back