where to sell my surplus teak?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Does anyone know the best place to advertise a quantity of teak and what I think is mahogany. Its a min of 3" thick so I don't know who to aim it at.

Taunton-some way from any boatyard.-Trouble is I don't really know its value. Not cheap ,I know that.

jmt":1c2prml8 said:
Taunton-some way from any boatyard.
Well I know a lot of folks here in Cornwall source their timber from well beyond Taunton, so I doubt that's an issue if the timber's worth having. Probably the best way to find out value is ring round suppliers in the guise of wanting to buy some. I imagine it'll be worth quite a bit, assuming it's in good nick, and decent lengths, of course. Other than boat building, I suppose affluent garden furniture makers for the teak? The mahogany, well I daresay any of us would love to have it, but it seems a shame to resaw thick stuff if it could be useful to someone as is. Hopefully someone else will be able to come up with some more concrete ideas.

Cheers, Alf

I love teak, being a Danish furniture freak.

How much and what have you got?

Even 'Off-Cuts' have a market for 'Round Spinney Things' as Alf puts it, if it is anything thicker than 20mm or so.

If you can list the sizes, Cubic footage etc. Some pictures maybe?

You are talking to a wide market place here for starters.

It was'nt my intention to actually sell here on the group - As there is no heading for adverts I asumed it may be frowned upon.
I shall have a measure up and post some sizes. If anyone is interested, then who knows...
Thanks for your friendly comments.

jmt":2caqdnxm said:
It was'nt my intention to actually sell here on the group - As there is no heading for adverts I asumed it may be frowned upon.
I shall have a measure up and post some sizes. If anyone is interested, then who knows...
Thanks for your freindly comments.

I think the moderators will confirm that it is OK to offer surplus equipment or stock to the forum members as long as you are a private individual and not a commercial source.

Post away JMT, start a new thread if you want.

Noel

But UK Workshop takes no responsibility.

I hate having to say that, but... :roll: Stick "For Sale" in the subject line, jmt, if you would.

Cheers, Alf

To Moderators / Admin

Is a 'Private - For Sale' forum an option. Much nicer to sell to others on this forum rather than the bear pit that is eBay??

Just a spin off thought.

Simon.

Back