where to sell engineering'y tools/things?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are nice tools, unfortunately unless they’re in perfect working order they’re useless, so the price for buying secondhand and remotely is literally a few pounds each as the buyer is taking a punt that they’re no scrap

Aidan
i have only checked the dial caliper against my digital mitutoyo which seems spot-on, have no idea about the rest

The unidentified things are: two small bore gauges (they don't measure directly, but adjusted to fit the bore are then measured with a micrometer) and what I think is micrometer for measuring the wall thickness of tubing. The bore micrometer and the depth micrometer are incomplete, in that they normally come as part of sets with extra rods to allow for measuring greater values. You would probably be best off selling them through homeworkshop.org.uk, though given the incomplete nature of some I doubt you will get a lot for them. £50 as a job lot is probably top side.
Nick
this is a tiny amount, and while i appreciate it would be good practice to separate things and sell individual items, im probably going to job-lot a large amount in one go, the financials aren't really a priority, it's more clearing everything so my mum can get back to some kind of normality. Tools that have sentimental value I will keep and use.

I think you should wait until you have all the measuring tools together so they can be grouped together by either tool complete with accessories or all hole measuring, all vernier callipers all squares etc. They become more sellable and the user has tools that are functually whole. Up to you of course.

Pete

I think you should wait until you have all the measuring tools together so they can be grouped together by either tool complete with accessories or all hole measuring, all vernier callipers all squares etc. They become more sellable and the user has tools that are functually whole. Up to you of course.

Pete
Sorry, I didnt make myself very clear at all, i did mean exactly what you said, group items by their use and move them on.
cheers
Craig

So sorry to hear about your family losses, I lost my youngest brother a few years ago to suicide, It hit me like a bus 😢😢

John...

Back