Where to get Fibreglass

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mcluma

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to make for my sons car a subwoofer installation in the boot

I want to use MDF and fibreglass.

The question is were can i get fibreglass (i need quite a bit, so it would be nice to get some wholesale quantity - large tin)

I also need some cloth to cover the MDF and get the shape which i will then be covering with fibreglass. So what kind of cloth should i use

Thanks

McLuma

For fibreglass I would try a marine supplier, or a big Motor Factors - it's heavily used in both these trades.

Les

i bought mine from www.cfsnet.co.uk

Also on the site is a project section showing exactly what your doing :lol: :lol: :lol:

I would go for 300gram as a bit easier to work with than 450 or 600. Buy a roller instead of brushes as it's alot easier and less messy.

Hope this helps

Andy

I have used thses people in the past, very helpful but no ewb site, last time I used them I bought about 80kg of resin and a whole roll of chopped mat.

Bondaglass-Voss Ltd
158-160 Ravenscroft Road
Beckenham
BR3 4TW(Road Map)
Kent
Tel: 020 8778 0071

For smaller mai order quantities try Tirantilook under casting / polyester resin.

I would go with a final layer of surface tissue as this gives a smoother finish.

Jason

I work for Scott Bader who produce polyester resin, we have a distributor in Swindon called laminating Express supplies (01793 766917), try giving them a ring.

The resin you want to ask about is Resin A which should be sold in 5kg tins.

If you are going to be using resin on MDF, you want to brush a coat onto the MDF panel and let it dry to stop the MDF soaking up all the resin out of your glass when your laminating, just like sizing a wall before papering really.

If you need any more info let me know.

Back