Where to buy...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another vote here for Biven.
I have some Jet gear and I know that spares especially are very hard to come by. Since Axminster stopped importing a great deal, there’s a supply problem.
Biven have the Laguna extractors. If I was in the market for a new one, I’d get a Laguna. Great design.

Another vote here for Biven.
I have some Jet gear and I know that spares especially are very hard to come by. Since Axminster stopped importing a great deal, there’s a supply problem.
Biven have the Laguna extractors. If I was in the market for a new one, I’d get a Laguna. Great design.
I already have a Laguna, but I dont want a Giant cyclone in the small space I have.

So after a long chat with the chap at Biven, he recommended a Charnwood 791CF which is a bit cheaper than the Jet. Apparently you just cant get hold of Jet stuff or the parts. I think i need to rethink this whole thing as I dont have the space for one of the big cyclones, and im not sure i have capacity to get another 16a circuit....le sigh

Well just to update, i ended up going with that 791, I'll just have to see when it turns up today whether or not i can make it work or get a sparks in to add another 16a circuit :/

Next up, trying to find a 5" cyclone....i presume this will be another battle

Well just to update, i ended up going with that 791, I'll just have to see when it turns up today whether or not i can make it work or get a sparks in to add another 16a circuit :/

Next up, trying to find a 5" cyclone....i presume this will be another battle
The inlet to my Jet fan unit is 6”, the cyclone is the Axi 4” one. I made a 6” to 4” adaptor and joined the two together, if your ducting is going to be 4”, it doesnt matter when you reduce it.

i was thinking about running a 5" cyclone (toolovation has one although currently out of stock) and a 5" main run with reducers at the closest point to the machine(s) for maximum airflow. but for a couple of weeks I need to see if im gonna need a sparky, I managed to power up the extractor, followed by the saw on the same circuit without tripping the breaker, but ill see what happens when the saw is under load. Its currently running a single 4" port and if thats good enough for the PT and bandsaw then i might just go 4" as its easier and cheaper.

The inlet to my Jet fan unit is 6”, the cyclone is the Axi 4” one. I made a 6” to 4” adaptor and joined the two together, if your ducting is going to be 4”, it doesnt matter when you reduce it.

I recently took the double 4" adapter off my Jet so I could use a 6" hose expecting an improvement over a 4" hose and it's not, now some wood shavings just sit in the pipe which never happened before. I noticed the hose on the extractor between the motor and bag is only 5" so in my mind I can't understand why Jet say you can use it with 6" as surely the 5" part restricts it? Wasted £100 on pipe and fittings :rolleyes:

Anyway, probably not relevant to this thread but might be of use to someone who reads it, rant over.

I recently took the double 4" adapter off my Jet so I could use a 6" hose expecting an improvement over a 4" hose and it's not, now some wood shavings just sit in the pipe which never happened before. I noticed the hose on the extractor between the motor and bag is only 5" so in my mind I can't understand why Jet say you can use it with 6" as surely the 5" part restricts it? Wasted £100 on pipe and fittings :rolleyes:

Anyway, probably not relevant to this thread but might be of use to someone who reads it, rant over.
that was also my thinking, remove the double 4" Y connector and just run 5" everywhere.....because more " = more airflow. alas i cant test it without spilling cash everywhere :/

Back