Where to buy...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craigs

Established Member
Reaction score
...Jet tools in the UK?

It seems Axminster don't really do much, Poolewood i think has 1 item (on backorder) and apart from that their extractors aren't that easy to come across :/

3 Random sites from google.

Code:
https://www.machinery4wood.co.uk/browse.php/section/115/level/3

https://bivenmachinerysales.co.uk/product-category/brands/jet/

http://www.shawselectrical.co.uk/index.php?p=ecom&productsupplier=JET

3 Random sites from google.

Code:
https://www.machinery4wood.co.uk/browse.php/section/115/level/3

https://bivenmachinerysales.co.uk/product-category/brands/jet/

http://www.shawselectrical.co.uk/index.php?p=ecom&productsupplier=JET
Thanks, I looked at machinery4wood but they dont have the cyclones, i could be tempted by the DC1100a with fine filter though

I have had a few bits from biven over the years. No problems with them though so hard to judge customer service when everything goes right!

I have had a few bits from biven over the years. No problems with them though so hard to judge customer service when everything goes right!
if only they had what im looking for lol they just have filters..

It is worth a call, they certainly used to have more stock than was listed on the website.

Shame, I put my Jet 1100a extractor on here a few weeks ago, there was no interest, so I’ve just butchered all the component parts and added them to the Axminster cyclone, made a drop box with removable bin. I now have a cyclone system with the 1100a as the power source. The footprint doing this is almost identical to the original setup. I’m now going to automate the whole system based on blast gate opening.

From this
3B4F620C-F11F-4F19-A2AA-78A016DF022C.jpeg

to this, testing concept and duct run

B4684E43-37ED-4124-84F4-52B57ADED56D.jpeg

fitted the motor unit to the wall and direct to cyclone output port with a 6-4” donut of wood, sealed to both units
1F75BF5E-B57A-4F8E-A74E-62E5CBC22644.jpeg

filter cartridge attached and support bar fixed to ceiling. Lower bag is a third the original,nothing gets to it now.
6BDD88E2-4EC5-41C5-A2F9-09AC16EA48BD.jpeg

just the ducting to finish off now.

Shame, I put my Jet 1100a extractor on here a few weeks ago, there was no interest, so I’ve just butchered all the component parts and added them to the Axminster cyclone, made a drop box with removable bin. I now have a cyclone system with the 1100a as the power source. The footprint doing this is almost identical to the original setup. I’m now going to automate the whole system based on blast gate opening.

From this View attachment 94722

to this, testing concept and duct run

View attachment 94723

fitted the motor unit to the wall and direct to cyclone output port with a 6-4” donut of wood, sealed to both units
View attachment 94724

filter cartridge attached and support bar fixed to ceiling. Lower bag is a third the original,nothing gets to it now.
View attachment 94725

just the ducting to finish off now.
how do you rate it? won't the 4" cyclone really lower the airflow? im torn between the 1100DCA and the 1.5 cyclone (although its another 500ish), but i need it to run off a 13a socket as I only have 1x 16a circuit

I need to do something for my PT and Bandsaw, and i don't want a cloth bag and quite fond of the Jet's

Last edited:
Craig, I don't know much about these things, but Steve Maskery added a filter system to his existing extractor which looks very similar to the one in Phil's picture. If you were to buy a new model, the cloth bag can only be worth 30 quid so you wouldn't be wasting much value if you discarded it. The parts Steve used and the source were listed in a thread.

Craig, I don't know much about these things, but Steve Maskery added a filter system to his existing extractor which looks very similar to the one in Phil's picture. If you were to buy a new model, the cloth bag can only be worth 30 quid so you wouldn't be wasting much value if you discarded it. The parts Steve used and the source were listed in a thread.
i wouldnt buy a cloth bag extractor, id go with the cartridge filter, i guess I can always add a cyclone to it later if i go with the 1100A

View attachment 94725

I've also got the 1100A (with the cloth bag) and I have considered trying to improve the collection by having a cyclone and also reduce the footprint it takes up in my shop but i'm confused by the comment above. Surely, if nothing gets to the bag then everything goes to the box which is quite small and will need to be shovelled out, unless you have a tiny bin in there. Am I missing something?

Yes, there is a 50 litre removable bin in the drop box. I can empty that every week or two into my compost recycling bin. I used to have disposal means for a full bag, but that’s a whole lot of shavings that used to take two months to fill up. 50 litres is a fair amount of sawing and sanding. If used on the thicknesser it may need emptying after a little more often, but still only a tip into the garden waste bin. Then slide it back in, push the wedge lock and ready to go. Easier and quicker than a bag change.

good as the canister is, it gets clogged with a lot of big stuff and needed removing and cleaning out every six months. Now it will only get to see the smallest of particles, the cyclone taking care of the rest.

how do you rate it? won't the 4" cyclone really lower the airflow? im torn between the 1100DCA and the 1.5 cyclone (although its another 500ish), but i need it to run off a 13a socket as I only have 1x 16a circuit

I need to do something for my PT and Bandsaw, and i don't want a cloth bag and quite fond of the Jet's
It’s quite a beast of a draw. in my last setup it was all ducted with the coiled flexible pipe. When blast gates were opened and closed it spent a fair proportion of its suck contracting the pipes. I’ve used solid 4” ducting this time and the airflow is noticeably better. we’ll see what it runs like when it’s all finished, I’ve tested it by temporarily blocking the outlets and opening them one at a time. All seems perfect at the moment. Should have all the ducting finished by the weekend.

There are 2hp ones that are rated to run off a 13a socket, I think this Fox unit fits the bill, as it comes with a 13a plug fitted. Sure there is a canister filter that fits it.

this one is 1.5hp, same as the Dc1100a with fitted, non rewritable plug

It’s quite a beast of a draw. in my last setup it was all ducted with the coiled flexible pipe. When blast gates were opened and closed it spent a fair proportion of its suck contracting the pipes. I’ve used solid 4” ducting this time and the airflow is noticeably better. we’ll see what it runs like when it’s all finished, I’ve tested it by temporarily blocking the outlets and opening them one at a time. All seems perfect at the moment. Should have all the ducting finished by the weekend.

There are 2hp ones that are rated to run off a 13a socket, I think this Fox unit fits the bill, as it comes with a 13a plug fitted. Sure there is a canister filter that fits it.

this one is 1.5hp, same as the Dc1100a with fitted, non rewritable plug
id imagine if the DC1100 comes with a 16a plug, i could just convert it to a 13a and see if it works or not

The DC1100 runs happily on a 13a plug On a ring circuit, what it didn’t like was a B class MCB. It tripped once every ten or so start-ups due to the current draw on startup for just a second or so if I was running any other equipment in the workshop when I turned it on. I changed the 32A MCB for a C class and it has never tripped since no matter what is running at the time.

for one of the weirdest DC1100 reviews try this one, by a professional writer, evidently its made of precious alloy covered in lubricant, as if it doesn’t feel right your mind will not be happy🤔🤔

Last edited:
The DC1100 runs happily on a 13a plug On a ring circuit, what it didn’t like was a B class MCB. It tripped once every ten or so start-ups due to the current draw on startup for just a second or so if I was running any other equipment in the workshop when I turned it on. I changed the 32A MCB for a C class and it has never tripped since no matter what is running at the time.

for one of the weirdest DC1100 reviews try this one, by a professional writer, evidently its made of precious alloy covered in lubricant, as if it doesn’t feel right your mind will not be happy🤔🤔
James kelly is quite a normal name for an article clearly written in chinglish. I have 20a rcbo tybe b on radial for sockets and a 16a type c for the other circuit. worst case I can swap out the type b if needed but i think ill go for the 1100 with the cartridge

...worst case I can swap out the type b if needed but i think ill go for the 1100 with the cartridge
Have you found one yet? Since Axminster had a fire sale of their last three units on ebay, the only source I can see is in mainland Europe, Czech Rep.

so, apparently since Axminster is no longer the distributor, everything is coming through Jet France...in dribs n drabs. I have phoned around a few places and no one has one so i guess im just going to have to wait.

Latest posts

Back