Where to buy veritas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sxlalan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I am looking to buy a Veritas low angle block and/or a low angle jack plane. Any recommendations on where to purchase these from for good price/service? I have looked at Brimarc but can't seem to find the low angle block there?

Cheers

Alan

Actually-No you can't!
Brimarc will take your order and then give it to the nearest supplier to you. So you might as well order anywhere..... :lol:
BoringforEngland :lol:

Martin,
Wasn't suggesting not selling direct was boring-just my ability to retain useless information! :lol:
Glad to see your Dad getting stuck into the forum, too! :wink:
Cheers
Philly :D
P.s.-any sign of the new Smoother or Scrub yet?? :?:

We have stock of this and the Honing guide (at low price for next few weeks btw) arriving during next week. Some web retaliers have them online already.

Martin, I've been meaning to ask; these "quality hard wood running boards for your Morris Minor"? Are they something likely to be lying around? Or you want someone to make 'em? Or are you hoping someone will creep out at dead of night and strip 'em off someone else's moggy? Or what? Inquiring minds would like to have their curiosity asuaged, please. :D

Cheers, Alf

I actually will change that sign off as I have had two offers that I have yet to take up on (apologies) however the offer is good. The Morris had a revamp and I decided some running boards would look good.

I think we have a mix-up in terminolgy. Viz: the meaning of "direct". :roll:

No duty, Mike? That's rather up to the Revenoo, isn't it? :-k Speaking for myself, I'll go "local" every time, simply because I seem naturally unlucky and it's easier to return stuff closer to home.

Cheers, Alf

no duty, no Parcel Force "handling" surcharge, full range available, no hassle, excellent servise and bloody fast delivery given its trans pond shipping...

er...same here actually.

Martin

That's rather up to the Revenoo, isn't it?

Ya know, I'm not so sure... see, irrespective of order value, anything I've ordered from Murrica tends to get whacked with duty and surcharges. Conversly, posts on the list tended towards an escape of the order came from Canuksville... Even Rob hisself's commented on it...

I'll admit to being dubious right up until I tried it...

hello I have resurrected this post as I have just experienced buying local from D&M where I ordered a Veritas #4 (slope what slope :shock: )

when it arrived direct from Brimarc I found the tote split at the base but on inspection there was no sign of damage to the outside of the box but a dent in the inside where it had obviously been dropped
this could have happened soon after it was boxed in Canada

A phone call to D&M was all it took as Brimarc contacted me to say that it would be collected the following day and a replacement would be sent
which arrived 5 days later well done Brimarc very hassle free

Nigel

Latest posts

Back