Where to buy poplar locally?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bone

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a timber yard that could supply PAR poplar somewhere around the East Grinstead area.

Looking to make some bifold doors for a walk in larder, in a style to match the shaker style panelled kitchen cabinet doors.

From internet reading it seems poplar is a popular choice for the rails and stiles, being clearer than pine but cheaper than oak for a painted finish door.

Ideally looking for a timber yard that I can go to personally, so that I don't end up adding £20 delivery fees onto my order.
Local timber yard (Mid Sussex Timber) only list softwood, oak and meranti on their website.

Anyone have a recommendation?

Andy

Bone":1xgoeq0i said:
Local timber yard (Mid Sussex Timber) only list softwood, oak and meranti on their website.

Andy, worth giving them a call all the same. Poplar has become such a staple product that most timber yards carry it even if they don't feature it on their web sites.

Custard, you were quite right. Called and spoke to them, and they have it in stock and happy to machine it to my sizes.

Just goes to show that a phone call is always better than relying on the website I guess.

Bone let me know what price you pay if you get a sec. I'm only found the corner from you, but hadn't considered using Poplar :)

Back