where to buy planer blades

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
ok guys, I got a thicknesser planer, no idea of the make (CE marker though), BIG cast top, but I don`t know where to get any replacement blades.

I`ll post some pics when I take them tonight.

any ideas where to get some planer blades? what if I have to get them custom made? how many sets do people recon, 6????????

Hi Kity

I bought an SIP about 7-8 months ago and am still on first side of first set of reversible blades. I bought two more sets thinking that I would need 'em soon but they are still in wrapper.

I only use it once a month or so but generally send a lot of Oak, Ash and Pine though it when I do.

Hope this helps a bit

Tony

3 sets sounds good. do you know what width the ones for the sip are?

Kit,

If you're having problems tell us the size and those that have similar stand alone machines can compare.

Rgds

Noel

kityuser":1flpr249 said:
3 sets sounds good. do you know what width the ones for the sip are?

SIP are for a 10" bed. I paid about £18 for a set of double edged and £19.99 for resharpenable ones.

Cheers

Tony

right, size:

I took one out to measure it:

its 3mm thick
by 13 inches wide
by 26mm wide

13"? Ouch. I'm out, and so are all my possible reference sources. :( Have you given Axminster techies a ring to see if they can help? I notice they have a pretty extensive range of knives listed.

Cheers, Alf

I'm pretty sure Crowley Saws (01268 293605) sell / make(?) planer blades - at least for my HMS260. They may be worth a try. (I wouldn't bother buying any of their blades though.)
Cheers
Gidon

kityuser":1y7ojw7u said:
crowley saws : why not buy their blades? y suggest them then?

I've not had good experience with their saw blades - see here.

Doesn't mean they can't make a relatively simple planer blade. But please feel free to ignore any help offered.

Cheers,

Gidon

Latest posts

Back