where to buy ebony stringing

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madge

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, does anyone have a good tip for where to buy a small quantity of ebony stringing? Must be ebony and not a dyed job.

Thanks guys, does look like a good site. the only thing that's putting me off is the postage - 8 quid for standard delivery! I spose I'll just have to suck it up.

madge":27hpp586 said:
Thanks guys, does look like a good site. the only thing that's putting me off is the postage - 8 quid for standard delivery! I spose I'll just have to suck it up.

You could save money by Driving to Bristol and picking it it. :lol: :lol: :lol:

BugBear

I drive through bristol next week so actually that's not such a bad plan.

One other question - if I'm using a 1.8mm router bit do I get 1.8mm stringing, or slightly larger and trim down? How accurate do they make it?

They're closed from the 14th July to the 22nd August for their annual holiday so you won't get anything from them until they re-open. It's on the website.

I dint think so. They say on their website that any orders received during their holiday will be despatched after the 22nd Aug.

Robbins (also Bristol) list boxwood dyed black, but not actual ebony except in 6mm square.

many thanks for the replies, I ended up buying from a guitar making supplier, David Dykes. It's not the cheapest source, but was more economical than timberline as I needed some parts from them anyway

Back