Where to buy decent wood from?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutley Racers

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I am a beginner hobbyist woodworker and I got given a book called the wood worker The complete step by step guide.

One of the projects in there is an outside table which is made out of Iroko. Now I have looked online and cannot find where I would buy it. I would actually prefer to use Teak but don't have a clue where to start looking as online is not helping.

Thanks all

Mutley Racers":3deno99k said:
Hi all. I am a beginner hobbyist woodworker and I got given a book called the wood worker The complete step by step guide.

One of the projects in there is an outside table which is made out of Iroko. Now I have looked online and cannot find where I would buy it. I would actually prefer to use Teak but don't have a clue where to start looking as online is not helping.

Thanks all

Forget teak, it is only plantation grown that is legally imported to the UK at eye watering prices (£4k or more per metre cube)

Iroko has similar durability to teak. Im not sure what chance you have of obtaining flat planed boards of iroko though. Ive used it for many years to make joinery, its not the easiest timber in the world as quality is so variable, it often has loads of tension, wild grain. Having said that, iroko machines quite well, takes a screw well and is very durable.

Back