• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Where,s Custard

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Droogs

Is that chisel shar ... Ow
Reaction score
I've tried contacting him a couple of times over the last few months but have not had a response and Gary is normally quite quick at answering people. Do have a bit of concern building but too far away to find out

Droogs

Is that chisel shar ... Ow
Reaction score
Unfortunately no, i no longer have his outside contact details (as i have a new phone and didn't appear to transfer his details along with a few others)

Jameshow

Established Member
Reaction score
Where is he? Perhaps a local established member could pay a visit?

We had a similar scenario on another forum the Chap was on the floor for 4 days after stroke..

Doris

Mad Maker Of Mad Rocking Horses
Reaction score
I have his address (as of 2016) but obviously wouldn't post it up on here. Obviously don't want to hand it out to anyone so would be interested in a mods opinion.

MikeK

Staff member
Reaction score
I have his address (as of 2016) but obviously wouldn't post it up on here. Obviously don't want to hand it out to anyone so would be interested in a mods opinion.

We don't control or have any method to monitor private conversations.

Doug B

Shy Tot
Reaction score
Perhaps he was ready for a break from forums, I noticed he last visited here back in September last year & on another forum he’s a member on it was back in July 🤷‍♂️

Sgian Dubh

Established Member
Reaction score
I see Custard hasn't been here since September which seems very unusual for him,does anyone know if he is ok?
Maybe he simply burnt himself out, couldn't take it any more and chose to withdraw? As I recall it, he came in like a whirlwind, posted seemingly numerous times every day, typically incorporating high level information with lots of detail, including images, and then disappeared. I've seen something similar with a few posters over the years; for a while they're ubiquitous, then they're gone (sometimes in a strop), but not in custard's case as far as I know. Slainte.

Jacob

Pint of bass, porkpie, and packet of crisps please
Reaction score
I vaguely I recall him talking of the difficulties of making a living doing high class woodwork - maybe he went off and got a proper job? :unsure:

Doug71

Established Member
Reaction score
I think he's probably realised how much time he wasted posting on forums and decided he had to get on with some work!

He was always very helpful and went in to great detail with his posts, this does take up a lot of time.

It's not the first time he's had a break from posting.

Woodmatt

Established Member
Reaction score
I can understand him not posting as that does take time especially too the lengths he was going with help ect but to not even come on to see what else is being posted,hope he is ok

furnace

Established Member
Reaction score
Gary kindly invited me via PM to visit him in the New Forest when restrictions had eased, but when I reached out a while back I received no reply. A nice chap and I hope he's OK. If anyone can contact him, I'd love to pass on my contact details. I don't live too far away and have friends to visit in the New Forest
M

John Brown

Social media influenza
Reaction score
I hope he's OK. Custard was always at the saintly end of the spectrum, forum-wise. Always helpful, very knowledgeable and way too smart to get drawn into pointless confrontations. I wish I had even one of those qualities.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope he's OK. Custard was always at the saintly end of the spectrum, forum-wise. Always helpful, very knowledgeable and way too smart to get drawn into pointless confrontations. I wish I had even one of those qualities.
I think you have 2 out of 3, I think I score 2 as well, but that 3rd is a killer ;)