Where have these been all my life - reverse action tweezers !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Illy

Established Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it's the inexpensive tools which change things. Needed to hold some fiddly little nails still and these tweezers were brilliant.

If your hands aren't as steady as they where, then applying pressure to things makes it worse. You press these to open up and then release the pressure to hold things in place - marvellous.

Best few quid I have spent for a while.

1625574446228.png

I'm not a fan sadly. I had something like this but smaller for electrical work (soldering / heatsink) and they didn't apply anywhere near enough pressure to be secure.
But, I appreciate the problem you describe.
The solution I eventually found to hold far better are medical forceps. Available in many styles, stronger, and usually with multiple teeth on the mechanism that holds them closed so you can apply more or less pressure.
Cheers

I'm not a fan sadly. I had something like this but smaller for electrical work (soldering / heatsink) and they didn't apply anywhere near enough pressure to be secure.
But, I appreciate the problem you describe.
The solution I eventually found to hold far better are medical forceps. Available in many styles, stronger, and usually with multiple teeth on the mechanism that holds them closed so you can apply more or less pressure.
Cheers

You got it wrong, you need both ;)

As an ex electrician I tend to use a pair of long nose pliers for those fiddly awkward hard to reach jobs, they became the go to tool foranything awkward for me. Just a thought.

My mother in law has a pickled onion grabber that uses the same idea.

It's no good for eyebrows though

Spring loaded straight Internal circlip pliers, file a small flat on the conical ends.
The conical radius is great for bending wires.
Or as stated above surgical clamps for ultimate hands free grip.

Back