• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Where have these been all my life - reverse action tweezers !

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Illy

Established Member
Reaction score
Sometimes it's the inexpensive tools which change things. Needed to hold some fiddly little nails still and these tweezers were brilliant.

If your hands aren't as steady as they where, then applying pressure to things makes it worse. You press these to open up and then release the pressure to hold things in place - marvellous.

Best few quid I have spent for a while.

Cabinetman

Established Member
Reaction score
A picture would be good, I have just wrapped an elastic band around some pliers in the past, sound handy though.

Sideways

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan sadly. I had something like this but smaller for electrical work (soldering / heatsink) and they didn't apply anywhere near enough pressure to be secure.
But, I appreciate the problem you describe.
The solution I eventually found to hold far better are medical forceps. Available in many styles, stronger, and usually with multiple teeth on the mechanism that holds them closed so you can apply more or less pressure.
Cheers

Rorschach

Reaction score
I'm not a fan sadly. I had something like this but smaller for electrical work (soldering / heatsink) and they didn't apply anywhere near enough pressure to be secure.
But, I appreciate the problem you describe.
The solution I eventually found to hold far better are medical forceps. Available in many styles, stronger, and usually with multiple teeth on the mechanism that holds them closed so you can apply more or less pressure.
Cheers
You got it wrong, you need both ;)

Johnwa

Established Member
Reaction score
As an ex electrician I tend to use a pair of long nose pliers for those fiddly awkward hard to reach jobs, they became the go to tool foranything awkward for me. Just a thought.

Thingybob

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Just thought you might like to see the set you get for £1 not top drawer but for a quid ok
20210708_220515.jpg

Thingybob

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
And they have 2ft/600mm steel rules met one side imp the other again £1 and they can be drilled and screwed down

RobinBHM

Established Member
Reaction score
My mother in law has a pickled onion grabber that uses the same idea.

It's no good for eyebrows though

Misterdog

Established Member
Reaction score
Spring loaded straight Internal circlip pliers, file a small flat on the conical ends.
The conical radius is great for bending wires.
Or as stated above surgical clamps for ultimate hands free grip.