Where do you get your hinges from?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldeneyedmonkey

Established Member
Reaction score
Ay up folks,

Just in the process of making a rustic pine cupboard for a relative, not my cup of tea, although I've warmed to the style a bit more than when I began doing it. I was wondering where you would get hardware for such a thing?

It's pretty poor yellow pine, with subtle but large knots in it. It's going to be finished with a caustic wash and then 2-3 coats of Fiddes antique wax. I want some fairly chunky/ substantial hinges and a handle for it. I was thinking along the lines of those pewter dimpled effect ones.

I'd like to start trying out different online suppliers as I am doing more and more pieces in this vein, and I'm not happy with any of the local establishments around here, so if you have anyone you favour then please let me know.

Cheers in advance. _Dan.

Dan,

I am pretty sure I have got several pairs of chunky dimpled pewter effect "H" hinges which I will dig out on Monday - Not the sort of thing I'm likely to use - will pm you a pic or two Monday night

Rog

Back