Where do you buy your wood? (Midlands)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil63

Reaction score
Hi guys. I've been looking at buying some Planed wood (beech, sapele) for model making and I've found a place online where I can get it, but it's £20 delivery. As I'm only ordering relatively small quantities it isn't really worth it for me. Does anyone know of a supplier in or around the midlands that could be worth a visit?

Thanks,
Phil

Hi
There are a number of good suppliers in and around the midlands however most will require you to purchase a whole board and understandably charge you to mill it to the sizes that you require. I am unsure what the rules are with regards to posting and recommending suppliers.

If you are after fairly small quantities then it may be more cost effective to find a local joinery shop and ask them to supply you most shops usually welcome a few used £10 notes, this is what I did until i had completed my workshop and installed my machines.

Feel free to drop me a DM with your rough location and quantities that you are after i may be able to recommend a supplier or may be able to help you out from my bits and pieces

D

Back