where do people get their router bits from

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
people:

I can remember back in the sands of time somebody suggesting somewhere to get router bits from (not trend or jeseda) but I`m buggered if I can remember!!!

I`m looking for a budget door making set (the 50 quid jobbie from axminster looks good), any ideas??????

Steven,

I have the screwfix kit which has the following bits.

Door making profile and scribing bits
Raised panel bit
Draw lock bit
and Glue joint bit.

Used all the bits apart from the glue joint bit.

One you learn how to set the profile and scribe bits they are superb. Takes a bit of time getting them set up for the right cuts but thats just a part of the 'pleasure' of these sorts of bits.

The raised panel bit also produces nice results but is scarier than a really scary thing when it spins up to speed.

Draw lock bit have given up on as I find it such a pain to set up the fence and height to give you decent joints.

Glue joint bit havent had a need to use yet as I rely on the biscuit jointer.

All in all pleased with the set.

Regards

Signal

Steven,

just checked screw fix and they dont appear to do the set I had
sorry.

nother place to try is www.nlstools.co.uk

havent used the for router bits jsut sharpening but their catalogue looks interesting.

Signal.

Never tried these but heard good things about them maybe try one and review it for the rest of us :lol: not sure if they have a web site but they do have a catalogue hmmm must get one myself and have a look :)
Titman Tip Tools Limited
Phone:
01255 220123
Fax:
01255 221422
Email:
[email protected]

as with most things you get what you pay for.

cheap router cutters ten dto give cheap results.

the cheap sets of cutters that you get for £20~30 are alright when you're starting out but when you have some money its time to get some decent cutters.

trend, perform, wealdon, freud, cmt, jesada are all good in my experience.

the perform cutters to my mind are very good value for money.

aleks

Steven,

just going through the new screwfix catalogue in the smallest room :D
and I found on page 75 the cabinet door set which I have. Have checked the part number on the web site but it is d17757-72 @89.99 inc vast.

cheers

Signal

I have to agree about Perform cutters, very good value for money and stay sharp and accurate compared to cheaper Screwfix cutters which have a tough job going through the kind of wood I throw at them, okay I don't throw it at them but there have been times.... :D

I am going to review some from here:
http://www.whitesiderouterbits.com

Must say, I am VERY happy with them. Haven't had them for long. They are really beefy and industrial compared to many other bits I have used.

I know norm has their rounding over set and a few other cutters, and loves them.

I agree with perform, I only have 2 of their cutters. But I think they are great quality for the price of them.

Back