where can I get tenoning jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi what a great forum
I wondered if anyone knows where I could buy a delta tenoning jig like norms's, I see them for $90 on Amazon but dont ship to uk. I will buy from US if you know of any that ship here in uk, but obviously prefer a .co.uk company .
sorry if this has been asked before but a search of the forum didn't return anything
Thanks
Dave

Hi Dave,
Welcome to the forum. :D
I don't know were you might get a jig in the UK but I have bought some stuff from Highland Hardware, looking in their catalog they have the Delta jigs. I have ordered online and they will email you with the cost of shipping before they process your order. If it works out too much you have the option to cancel. They very helpful.

Hi Dave

The jig is not sold commercially in this country. Please be aware that this jig cannot be used with the crown guard in place. Have you considered cutting them with a shop-built router jig? What about the Trend/Leigh M&T Jigs? Sorry if I'm teaching you to suck eggs, but I am stressing this as a SAFETY ISSUE.

Woodcraft have it for sale and strangely they list England and Ireland, rather than the United Kingdom, as delivery countries.

The link is http://shop.woodcraft.com/Woodcraft/product_family.asp?family_id=4791&Gift=false&GiftID=

Also be aware that you will be charged duty and vat when it is delivered to you.

Cheers
Neil

Why pay that kind of money? A simple to make and highly accurate tenoning jig can be shop made in under an hour.
It's just a carriage that rides on your rip fence and holds the rail vertically (or whatever angle you want). The jig is as accurate as your rip fence, so if it has a micro-adjustor that means *very* accurate.
Let me know if you want more details/photo.

You do need to remove the crown guard to use this jig :cry: but your hands are nowhere near the blade :)

Cheers
Aragorn

Aragorn":3410lyjw said:
Why pay that kind of money? A simple to make and highly accurate tenoning jig can be shop made in under an hour.
Let me know if you want more details/photo.
Cheers
Aragorn
Hi Aragorn, Any chance of a photo please.
Regards
John

Hi John
Dewy gives a good description here.
I'll try to get around to taking a piccy tomorrow and post it in the gallery.

Take a look in the User Gallery in the jigs section, there are 4 or 5 pictures of two different home made jigs. They may give you the idea you need to do your own.

Latest posts

Back