Where can i get Laminate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenledger

Established Member
Reaction score
As the title says but all i want is the laminate, not the worktop.
Basically i made myself a new router top table last year out of a solid wood worktop. Turned out really good as it has many uses for me with the routing i do. But i kinda shot myself in the foot a bit because i use i the table for many thing as my workshop is small. What i never thought about was gluing up, guess it could stick my work to the worktop should i spill some glue..
So i want some laminate, not sure what thicknesses it comes in.
All my searches just bring in kitchen laminate worktop's.

I can't help with the laminate, but I have seen posts on here before where people have bought Formica or similar.

Could you not coat the table in something like a hard wax oil and then put a bit of wax over that? The glue drippings should come off easily and for messier jobs, a layer of disposable plastic would be better than anything.

could you fit a 3mm acrylic sheet as a semi sacrificial surface? (I'm asking for a friend) ... I'm just about to build myself an assembly / finishing table and was thinking to top it in this way over 25mm ply, also thinking I might mount a router underneath. I'd be glad of peoples opinions

ive been looking at the same for the bottom of a crosscut sled - eBay seems to have some depending on the size you want - do a search for formica sheet.

I saw 4ft x 2ft for about £20 posted

Formica? Is that still 'in fashion' for kitchens? I applied 2 sheets when I made tops from MDF 'a few years ago' :)
Then it was easy to buy whole sheets.

ive been looking at the same for the bottom of a crosscut sled - eBay seems to have some depending on the size you want - do a search for formica sheet.

I saw 4ft x 2ft for about £20 posted
Just picking up on your cross sled comment. I used 40mm wide worktop edging under mine. You get them in 3m lengths and get the 3mm thickness one with high gloss finish. Just space them every 8 inches but importantly each side of blade plate. Works a treat but be aware that if using old cut offs they can vary in thickness which you should avoid.

Just picking up on your cross sled comment. I used 40mm wide worktop edging under mine. You get them in 3m lengths and get the 3mm thickness one with high gloss finish. Just space them every 8 inches but importantly each side of blade plate. Works a treat but be aware that if using old cut offs they can vary in thickness which you should avoid.
Great tip thanks, will give that a go!

I’ve got a lot of laminate offcuts in white or red. What size do you need? If it’s a whole sheet you want I can recommend Blackheath Products, based in midlands but they deliver.

Back