Where can I get Earlex HVLP needles?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dpmstevens

Reaction score
Hello,
I've got an Earlex HV5000 HVLP sprayer, and the 2.0mm needle has gone missing. I can't find anyone in the UK selling them, and although they're available in the US the vendors either don't ship to the UK or charge so much for delivery it would end up costing £75 for one needle.

Anyone out there any ideas about how to get one that isn't going to cost more than I paid for the sprayer? I've only used it once and want to paint my Land Rover chassis with it before the winter.

Cheers
Dan

Dan
I've had a quick google and it seems thats these are still fairly expensive in the states. I could also do with some spare needles. Are you able to point me to a US website that has them at a reasonable price?

I have friends in US that I could have them shipped to and then get them sent on or collected/delivered in person once we're flying a bit more. Would be happy to get some for you this way as well if the initial cost is reasonable.

Mark

Well, I ordered some last night to be sent to a friend in New York who will post them on to me. Sorry - probably not much use to you, although if you like you could buy some, have them sent there and he could send them all together.

I got them from Highland Woodworking, although Rockler do them as well. $39.99 each, which is quite a lot for what they are, but seems to be the cheapest out there. Highland actually ship to the UK but you have to place a minimum $100 order, they take payment, tell you the shipping cost and then you can accept or cancel.

PM me if the above is of help and we can sort it out.
Cheers
Dan

Dan, thanks for the link, thats the cheapest I could find them also but was hoping you'ld found something cheaper. Thanks for the offer but no help needed, as above, I can also facilitate this through my friends.

Cheers
Mark

No worries. Hope you get it sorted.
Five minutes after I bought the new needles, I found the one I’d lost.

Are these something that could be turned by an engineer locally? Curious because it's a really handy bit of kit but I've only ever used mine with the stock needle for water based paint. Presumably you'd need a matching nozzle made as well?

If they are available from Rockler then Silverline here in the UK import and distribute Rockler stuff. Maybe they could include one/some in any shipment from the 'States. Worth a try.
Nigel

Latest posts

Back