Where can I get a spring?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve if you are still stuck give me a call and as long as they used them on the Clio my brother should have one about :wink:

Andy 07989450987

Sorted!
I went to row of back-street mucky-metal men and one of them has a drawer of things-I'll-probably-never-need-but-well-you-never-know-do-you stuff. He didn't charge me either :)

Thank you all very much for your help.

BTW, my drawing was pretty darn close, so the old brain isn't totally addled just yet!

S

Steve,

So, for those of us who just read the thread thinking "what does it looks like? a cross between what and what?) to put us out of our misery are you going to finally take a picture of it and post it?

I'm not sure I can carry on with life without knowing what this thing looked like!

"Darling wife, I'd love to go on holiday, but I just need to check something on my woodworking forum".

"WTF?"

"Well it started like this, this guy said he lost a small bit of metal 6 months ago..."

Happy weekend everyone (and good luck to England if you are of that mind, Deutschland Uber Alles if you are not).

Alan

Dear Alan

I had no idea my travails were likely to have such an effect! So here you are, this is what it should look like:

1314km.jpg

And this is the little pipper that goes Perjoing:

1314kn.jpg

I really hope I've caught you before your hols. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I thought I was responsible for any more matrimonial disharmony than I already am!
:D
S

And this afternoon it's passed its MOT (mind you I had to buy two new tyres and wiper blades yesterday), so I'm legal again. It's a good job I've not been stopped in the last 3 weeks.....

S

Steve Maskery":2f84lf53 said:
Dear Alan

I had no idea my travails were likely to have such an effect! So here you are, this is what it should look like:

????

Unless you lost the mystery-spring from BOTH headlight washers, couldn't you have used the remaining one as your photographic model?

BugBear

There are no flies on you, are there? :)
Actually I did try that, but the other one won't pull off. This one is tight, but the other is jammed solid. At least it's not likely to pop off just as soon as we hit a frosty night, which is what happened to the other one. The new spring is tighter than the old one ever was, it's not the first time it has come off, but I've always found it before. This time it came off somewhere between Newcastle-on-Tyne and Nottingham, I just happened to have a spare, from a previous encounter with this problem. It was whilst trying to fit this spare that the spring went Perjoing.
S

Old Volvos used exactly those clips to hold the interior door and window handles on their shafts. And, to make it even better, they were hidden inside a spring-loaded trim piece. Spent many happy hours scouring the garage floor to find them.

Back