Where can I get a motor shaft flange coupler?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike,
Send me all the correct dims you need and your contact details and I can turn one up for you for cost of postage
Hi Phill, I was advised to ask the same question in the Metalwork forum, which I did and now have 2 threads going! Anyway I will take up your kind offer, I've re-measured the shaft diameter and it must be slightly worn as it's not quite 16mm on my quality metric vernier and not quite 5/8" on my plastic imperial/metric draper

20210207_123023.jpg

20210207_122843.jpg

I've drawn up what I think might work as long as you can produce a tapered bore? Would a tapered bore be better than grub screws? I'm open to advice on any of it and bow to your better knowledge. I've attached the pdf drawing.

This is very much appreciated

Mike

Attachments

• Sander Flange.pdf
    23.1 KB · Views: 4
No problem at all Phill

Hi Mike,

It's done been able to make the disk 82mm dia also can be changed in the future if you find this one too small, bored out slightly under 16mm and it fits well on one of my motors.
If you can PM me your contact details I can get it into the royal mail or if you can organise collection from your end.

01.jpeg
02.jpeg
03.jpeg

Hi Mike,

It's done been able to make the disk 82mm dia also can be changed in the future if you find this one too small, bored out slightly under 16mm and it fits well on one of my motors.
If you can PM me your contact details I can get it into the royal mail or if you can organise collection from your end.

View attachment 103662View attachment 103663View attachment 103664
That is absolutely superb Phill!! thank you so much. Are you sure I don't owe you anything? I'll organise a collect and deliver if you pm me your address and email. That way I can send you the label to stick on it.
many thanks

Mike

That is absolutely superb Phill!! thank you so much. Are you sure I don't owe you anything? I'll organise a collect and deliver if you pm me your address and email. That way I can send you the label to stick on it.
many thanks

Mike

Parcel collected 11.40 on it's way to you, post a photo when its on motor please.

Hi Phill it arrived this morning and I commend your craftsmanship (and your packing skills!). It runs perfectly so just need to attach the sanding plate and skim it up and I'll post another video.

Many thanks for doing this, it was above and beyond, a very kind gesture and a great testament to this forum.

Mike

Back