Where can I find something like this? (NYLON LOAD ROLLER)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Something like the following image, but with a much smaller diameter, say around 20-25mm?

I've tried looking into small fixed castors (such as this) but the quality of the materials is always very poor (usually not round), and I can't find one with a diameter that I want.

76-cc-foro_25mm_11.jpg

https://www.revolutioncastors.co.uk/nyl ... l-bearing/

Is it the entire wheel that is 20 or 25mm that you're after,
or 20 25mm bearings maybe sourced from a skateboard.
Guessing you don't want to use the bearing on its own.

Tom

Ttrees":1ypaty71 said:
Is it the entire wheel that is 20 to 25mm that you're after,
or 20 25mm bearings maybe sourced from a skateboard.
Guessing you don't want to use the bearing on its own.

Tom

Sorry, the entire thing needs to be around 20 or 25mm in diameter.

I am experimenting with an idea I have for a honing guide to sharpen Japanese plane irons, and this would be the wheel. I guess the bearing on it's own (say two or three stacked up to give the required surface) would be bad for the water stone?

I would have thought the nylon could be worse than the bearings on their own for contaminating the stone, if you got them dusty or oily.
What honing guides have you seen using nylon wheels instead of metal rollers?

Ttrees":3eli0wtv said:
I would have thought the nylon could be worse than the bearings on their own for contaminating the stone, if you got them dusty or oily.
What honing guides have you seen using nylon wheels instead of metal rollers?

I was just thinking that because the metal on the bearing is so much harder, that it is more likely to make tracks?

You won't give them the chance, if you want to keep your stone flat.
You might be wanting an oilstone, if you're wanting to get away with using the stone in the same area a few times.

Of course I'll be keeping the stone flat. I just figured that plastic rollers wouldn't wear it as fast as metal bearings. But if I am over thinking that part, then just 2 or 3 stacked bearings is probably all I need.

The iron will surely wear the stone before this would happen.
Charlesworth uses an Eclipse guide which has only one bearing sized roller, and he leans the thing over for cambers,
so if that won't cause a track, I can't see how a wider wheeled one would do that.

Latest posts

Back