Where can I buy small countersunk brass screws??

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sihollies

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
HI all,
I was wondering if anyone could please advise ?
I am attempting to source a quantity of 5mm, 0 gauge countersunk brass or brass effect wood screws and for the life of me cannot find anything anywhere.
I would ideally need a slotted screw, but pozi or phillips would do the job.
I have gone down the clock and model making route, but cant find anything less than 6mm.

Many thanks in advance
Simon

Have you checked ironmongery direct ?

I can check tomorrow evening and see what I have (I have some fairly small screws, bought be mistake. If they can be useful at some point ! :D )

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply.
I have searched everywhere, but may have missed something.
I found some 0 gauge at modelfixings.co.uk but the smallest the have are 6.35mm / 1/4"

Again, Thanks
Simon

If you don't need many, why not cutting them with a hacksaw ? Did it for some project some time ago, and brass cuts very easily, even with a coping saw.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Screwsline do a 0 gauge 5/16. That is about as small as I can find.

You've found screws you can use but let's say there weren't any short enough, wouldn't it be simple enough to nip off the ends of 6mm screws if they were solid brass?

A pointed end is not important to the function of a screw in wood once a pilot hole is made, and with solid-brass screws often being driven into a hole only after it has previously been threaded by a steel screw of the same size even less so.

Thanks ED65,
thats exactly what I did, but I havent got a massive stock of brass screws of a small gauge, so just wanted to source some. of the ideal size.

Cheers

woodbloke66":1x66iqkh said:
Marches or HE Savill - Rob

Of late I have used a few small brass screws. I have looked at the suppliers you have recommended and cant see them.
My supplier of choice ProKraft. Good range of products and reliable service.

Latest posts

Back