where can i buy an on/off switch for a Dewalt radial arm saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sawdust1

Established Member
Reaction score
The switch on my Dewalt Power Shop won't switch off.
So looks like it needs a new one as i can't get it open to look inside.
Any places to try for a new one. Thanks.

Are you sure you can't open it? Worth a try, 'cos even if you b***er it, you've not lost anything. Don't know the actual switch (maybe post a pic?) bu it's at least possible that the problem is just dust in the working bits.
But to answer your actual question, have you tried Miles machine tools? They have quite a lot of deWalt spares, and give excellent exploded diagrams of the tools themselves. If you put the model number of the saw into Google, it will probably bring up other similar suppliers - it's just that Miles seem to have a pretty comprehensive range (Stress that I'm not connected with them in any way)

Hi dickm thanks for that, i will contact them tomorrow.
The switch did not play up it was working as normal then just did not switch off.
Tried wd40.
Its riveted in 4 places, could drill them out and take a look, then glue it back together.
Can use it by switching on/off at the plug.

I replaced the switch on my dw125 powershop a few years ago at the exorbitant cost of £60 for the switch only. 6 months ago I was putting castors on a junior whitehead bandsaw when I tipped it up and it landed right on the radial arm saw switch. I was wondering if a 10 amp rocker switch would do as there are only two wires going to the switch. This would negate the no-volt release function but I could live with that.Any electrical gurus got an opinion?

Removing the NVR function is extreme folly. You could fit a remote NVR and put small stop and start buttons in the place of the rocker.
I have fitted mine with a dead mans handle so it stops instantly my hand is removed from the grip.

I had a dabble with these switches a while back and it should be noted that there is often a thermal cut out inside the switch itself to protect things if worked too hard.
Hence why proper replacements are so expensive :evil:

And no, I never got a replacement in the end :roll:

Andy

Latest posts

Back