Where are they now?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regardless this forum will be what we the current members make of it
Could not have said it better, so long as people respect each other and are willing to share knowledge and experience then the sky is the limit. Yes have looked at the "others" and found it a strange forlorn place and maybe it will just be a cooling off zone and more will return. I am sure that any missing knowledge can soon be found elsewhere and itis up to us to make this site shine out to attract new talent.

I've been on the forum for years, don't post much but I'm still lurking in the background.
I must have missed something because I didn't even know there was an upset of some members.
Life's to short (especially woodworking life) to get worked up about these things.
Right I'm off to the workshop to hibernate.

I am a relatively new member, and i dare say, young member on this forum and i really enjoy it as a relatively inexperienced woodworker. The knowledge shared on here is great and of any forum I am on/have looked at is by far the most friendly and chilled out one. Its fair to say i think that woodworkers are the most approachable type in the main. I found this forum via google when i was searching for a tool review and I now log in daily and contribute most weeks.

But what about free speech??
Personally I'd love for an explanation as to.........no hang on im past my 3 replies quota....
Scrub that :LOL:

What is free speech ?, where should it be applied
To some it is the ability to speak out about Boris Johnson and his band of useless numpties, but others it seems think they it gives them the right to post baseless accusations at total strangers.

What is free speech ?, where should it be applied
To some it is the ability to speak out about Boris Johnson and his band of useless numpties, but others it seems think they it gives them the right to post baseless accusations at total strangers.

I'd love to explain it but I'm beyond my allocated posts on this thread, perhaps I should start a separate one.

And quite how @Spectric is able to post 5 times I have no idea... And this is my 4th post!.... This is how it starts you see, utter anarchy!

I've been on the forum for years, don't post much but I'm still lurking in the background.
I must have missed something because I didn't even know there was an upset of some members.
Life's to short (especially woodworking life) to get worked up about these things.
Right I'm off to the workshop to hibernate.

Same here, I'm a background lurker. Hence the low post count. I honestly couldn't name any of the people who have left. I must change around in different parts of the forums to them.
I agree with your sentiment though.

I never understood what happened but I think it is fair to say that nobody has left but a group of like minded people no longer post on this forum but I would think that most of them view the forum from time to time.
Some of them I miss and some I don't but I think that as time goes by this forum will get more interesting again and maintain it's place as the best woodworking forum out there.

I'd love to explain it but I'm beyond my allocated posts on this thread, perhaps I should start a separate one.

And quite how @Spectric is able to post 5 times I have no idea... And this is my 4th post!.... This is how it starts you see, utter anarchy!
And before you know where you are there's reference pictures going up too.

Back