Where are the roaming tool dealers' stalls?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
Twice last year I managed to find people selling a large variety of interesting old hand tools out of vans.

Once was at David Stanley tool auctions. Tucked away on their confusing website is the info that when they run an auction they also have a bunch of dealer stalls. There are some small pictures on this page:
http://www.davidstanley.com/about%20us.htm

Very handy if you happen to be in the Bretby area on a weekday. The one time I was, there were very few customers in what seemed to be a little-publicised event, but plenty of stock on offer.

The other was at the Westonbirt festival of wood where there were a couple of stalls, one with a lot of good usable items.

But I've no idea who any of these people are, or where they might turn up next with a van and a trestle table. Steam fairs? Agricultural shows? Knowing there was a stall or two would be a good reason to go to some.

Does anyone have any hints?
Do any stallholders lurking here want to attract some extra customers?

Andy

There was a stool at Ally Pally selling old tools (not the junk stools). I didn't hang around it long enough to notice who they were.

What. this sort of thing?

dealers.jpg

(Taken in the car park prior to one of Murland's auctions, 2003)

BugBear

For anyone London based have you tried Brick lane Market on a Sunday morning, Theres a warehouse in Cheshire Street which amongst others houses a guy who has a large selection of tools many of them quite old (think Norris etc) there are also many boot fair type stalls which regularly contain interesting finds. Its also worth going for the Bagels if nothing else

Back