Wheels for the heavy planer thicknesser.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob Mckibbin

Reaction score
Hi
This on is for all those woodworkers who own a heavy Planer Thicknesser, which is the best set of wheels for moving it about?
I have an Electra Beckum HC 260 and am in the process of fitting some wheels. I am looking for recommendation, which is the best?
do I go for the Metabo model or is their something better on the market.

I’ve just put my PT on wheels. I got a set of fold down workbench wheels and bolted them onto each corner, I think they were off Amazon I’m afraid. They were about £50 and they seem to work fine so far.
My PT is a Startrite SDX310 and weighs about 150 Kg.

I’ve just put my PT on wheels. I got a set of fold down workbench wheels and bolted them onto each corner, I think they were off Amazon I’m afraid. They were about £50 and they seem to work fine so far.
My PT is a Startrite SDX310 and weighs about 150 Kg.
Hi Tom
Thanks for your instant reply.
I have had a look on Amazon, I think you mean the Solejazz ones.

I had this very heavy Wadkin planer on 75mm casters from rutlands & they held up admirably
F7C6A38B-0551-45FE-BE08-EB7F5B23C33F.jpeg

if you get a discount code they can be quite a bit cheaper, Buy Heavy Duty Full Rotational Castors with Brake - 75mm Pack of 4 online at Rutlands.com

Hi,

It was these. There are probably much sturdier casters around but I wanted to be able to lower it onto the ground when using it.
I don’t think they would cope with anything much heavier. You can get heavy duty jacking casters but they’re quite pricey.

As above I have them on all my machines now including a cast iron Kity spindle moulder - all good.

Latest posts

Back