Wheels for an Axi AW10

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yan

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what state of build the Axi AW10 saw comes in when new. The Axminster site says there is some assembly required, I would like to know how much and whether it is any lighter than when fully assembled.
The reason being is that I would like to know if it is possible to fit wheels just inside the base of the cabinet, rather than put the saw on a wheeled base which would make the table higher from the ground.
Doing it this way would require the saw to be lifted on its side and I do not know if this is possible because of the its weight.
I have been researching the purchase of a new table saw for a while now, and at present I have a Triton. I only need a hobby type saw but I have been spoilt by the large table on the Triton but not the noise.
I did think about the cheaper Axi ts200 but I am concerned about the small table, I know it can be built in to a unit to make an extra side and rear table but there is not much table space in front of the blade which concerns me.
Thanks for any advice.
Yan.

I bought one of the Rutlands mobile bases a while ago for use with my planer thicknesser and in use it only lifts the machine to be just under 2cm higher. If you have a flat(ish) floor it works well and is stable. Also it can cope with the 184kg of the basic saw you are looking at.

Misterfish

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I have just had a look at Rutlands site and checked the size of the mobile base which states max size for rectangle is 51 x 19 inches.
The Axi saw table is approx 32 x 22.5 inches, but allowing for the saw base to be a little bit smaller do you think it would fit.
Thanks
Yan.

The heavy gauge steel sections bolt together to suit the footprint of your machine from 11" x 11" up to 35" x 35" square or 17" x 11" up to 51" x 19" in a rectangle and are powder coated for extra durability.

It should fit- the base consists of 4 corners, 2 short extending lengths and 2 longer extending lengths. You can make pretty much whatever size you need to by overlapping and extending by various amounts, or leaving out sections on the smaller sizes. Warning, the instructions are rubbish though and you will end up using the picture on the front of the box!

I bought the aw12 about 4 years ago and there if I can remember are about 5/6 boxes. The main box has the motor/ table upside down and you then build the frame up fitting side panels etc. Then you have to lift onto it's feet. :shock: They are heavy so two of you are required. The rest is more straight forward. All the best.

I too got the 12 about a year ago and it's been on a Rutlands mobile base since they were on offer a while back. It's stable while parked on it's two adjustable feet and the wheels, and as said the saw is minimally raised, just measured mine at approx 10mm clearance.

During the build, while the saw is upside down you could put wheels on/in, but that would significantly reduce the wheelbase and the stability while moving.

Back