What's your favourite home made tool/gadget?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisp

Established Member
Reaction score
Some of you might have noticed that my posts are often about the home made tools and gadgets that I have in my shop, knowing what a resourceful bunch we are, what is your favourite home made tool (either made by you or for you) my favourite would probably be my cole jaws although there could be others!.....
Lets see yours.
Chris.

My favourites are the last ones I made three woodturning chisels with carbaloy tips and handles fully extended they are 18" ,36" and 45" long

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 2,570
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 2,570
woodyturner":eiachur0 said:
My favourites are the last ones I made three woodturning chisels with carbaloy tips and handles 18" ,36" and 45" long
Like them a lot, will add that to my to-do list!
Chris.

The only tool so far that I have made is a thin parting tool, made from a machine hacksaw blade and it's great and was very easy to make. Sorry no picture.

Regards

12345Peter":1wbmeddk said:
The only tool so far that I have made is a thin parting tool, made from a machine hacksaw blade and it's great and was very easy to make. Sorry no picture.

Regards
Peter,
I have one of those industrial hacksaw blades waiting to be transformed! is it in the Chris Stott shape?
Chris.

Chrisp":2zhl8rsg said:
12345Peter":2zhl8rsg said:

Regards
Peter,
I have one of those industrial hacksaw blades waiting to be transformed! is it in the Chris Stott shape?
Chris.

I have searched to look at the Chris Stott shape, but can't find it. Mine is like the Robert Sorby thin parting tool except I made mine with a round handle.

For some time one of my most versatile tools has been a cheap long and sturdy screwdriver ground as a 2mm parting tool but used for various tricky to access cuts. I recently bought a couple more screwdrivers, £1 car boot, one is ground as a captive ring tool and has worked well, the other is going to be a second with a smaller diameter.

bogmonster":34vep5c4 said:
Would have to be my kiln I guess with my vacuum chuck a close second. Both easy projects.
Kiln, sound good, what do you use it for?
Chris.

Chrisp":l6zzi474 said:
Looks good Peter.

I have enough blade left to make another one, but to be honest this one works so well I don't see the point in making another until it's needed. I am going to make a shaft to take the round cutter next, I have everything except the time to complete it at the moment.

regards

P6190234 (480x640).jpg

This is my home made air powered veneer press, I made it about 20 years age and its still going strong.
Currently pressing some curved panels.

Attachments

• P6190234 (480x640).jpg
    P6190234 (480x640).jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 795
Back