What's your favourite home made tool/gadget?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gilogrt":1ig8aesj said:
B&D powerfile of record spoke shave, hard choice!

All my tools are rubbish as I've only made one thing. More or less made the whole thing with those 2 tools!
Here's the result;
http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz15 ... 3a4ed0.jpg
Gilogt,
If your producing work like that with rubbish tools then there's not much hope for the rest of us!....
Chris.

Thanks Chris. I'm got going to lie, it wasn't an easy task. Took alot of patience. Mainly on the curved forend join and finishing. Shall not be rushing to do another!

Gilogrt":2e9ab37p said:
Thanks Chris. I'm got going to lie, it wasn't an easy task. Took alot of patience. Mainly on the curved forend join and finishing. Shall not be rushing to do another!
So you don't want to do a swap for a standard stock then? :mrgreen:

Mine has to be my CNC Machine
Made for around 1200.00 and would cost 5,000.00 to 7,000.00

will add a photo later
Tom

Gilogrt":389540dt said:

All my tools are rubbish as I've only made one thing. More or less made the whole thing with those 2 tools!
Here's the result;

Beautiful workmanship, but I'm not too keen on the rectangular cross-section of the forend.
Any particular reason for this?

What make is the gun?

GUN!!! GUN!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

That is a rifle!

A gun is something that a farmer wanders around with pointing it in the general direction of anything that moves and blasts it back to its creator (hammer) (hammer)

A rifle is a precision instrument that can put a projectile into any part of the target that it is carefully aimed at!

That stock really looks the buis. It looks like a single shot bolt action .22?

tomthumbtom8":3onykjpw said:
Mine has to be my CNC Machine
Made for around 1200.00 and would cost 5,000.00 to 7,000.00

will add a photo later
Tom
Look forward to that Tom.
Chris.

well here is the Photo's of my home made CNC made with my son over last summer holiday's and finished at Christmas

7445871148_c8449ffd2e.jpg

7445874544_16f56456ec.jpg

7445874176_72fbd76cdc.jpg

I have cut ali plywood and corian on it to date

also some relief carving (sold ) My 4th Axis is almost finished and I plan to cut twist's with it

cutting foot print is 800x950. spindle cutter is 2.2k and water cooled (really quiet)

Tom

Gilogrt":1yruno0j said:

Here's the result;

Nice stock its better in the flesh though =D> its .177 just to answer a question I have checked the ftlb at a shoot that's why I have seen it and know the calibre

Matt

tomthumbtom8":3oockrtt said:
well here is the Photo's of my home made CNC made with my son over last summer holiday's and finished at Christmas

7445871148_c8449ffd2e.jpg

7445874544_16f56456ec.jpg

7445874176_72fbd76cdc.jpg

I have cut ali plywood and corian on it to date

also some relief carving (sold ) My 4th Axis is almost finished and I plan to cut twist's with it

cutting foot print is 800x950. spindle cutter is 2.2k and water cooled (really quiet)

Tom

Blimy, thats some project to make your own CNC machine, nice bit of engineering. And your cut pieces shows its true potential.

Ali Yes
but I don't have a clue what to use it for to make money from it.

But If any one wants anything cutting just send me a XDF and I will happily cut for free

Tom

I need some clock frames (for a skeleton clock) cutting out.
Will gladly reimburse any costs?

Rod

Back