Quantcast

What's wrong with my laptop keyboard?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
First off I can't touch-type, and at this stage in life I don't think I could start to learn.

I have noticed that as I type, as I am looking at the keys, my cursor jumps all over the place, and I end up over-typing in a different part of the document, completely unaware that this has happened. It is pineappling me off. Does anyone know what's wrong and is there a cure?

I thought this was problem only with wireless keyboards. :evil: :evil: :evil:

John (hammer)

profchris

Established Member
Reaction score
I suspect the heel of your hand is brushing the trackpad. Put a cloth very it and try again.

In Settings you can adjust trackpad sensitivity (or quicker, get a child to adjust it for you).

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Really!!! As simple as that? Well uncle that try I'll be a monkey's!
Thanks Prof. I will try that!, as thinking about it you could be right! Gaffa Tape here I come.

Thanks again

John (hammer)

heronviewer

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with the mouse ! I always had that problem until I got an USB optical mouse - no problem now !

novocaine

Established Member
Reaction score
Theres a setting in the track pad options to turn it off when typing (normally,on most laptops). Bet it was turned on before and some update or other has deactivated.

--Tom--

Established Member
Reaction score
My old one developed a dodgy connection that did this.
Being a work machine I replaced it as wasn’t worth the hassle to fix.
On most touch pads you can double tap top left to disable it, and I had to do that anytime I wasn’t using a separate keyboard/mouse

Benchwayze

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tom.

I do use a separate mouse; a wireless, but I am thinking of going for a USB or a good old serial mouse. Wireless Meeces :) seem to die within weeks of purchase! I can't do any more than just keep my wrists away from the mouse pad at the moment, but once I get home, I will cover up the mouse pad property.

In the control panel I could find no mention of the track-pad settings. Or of the mouse TBH. So I'll put up with this until I get home again and can use my PC proper. USB mouse will be a first purchase after my discharge!

Cheers

John (hammer)