what's the best way to ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phil Pascoe":149mlvea said:
The_Yellow_Ardvark":149mlvea said:
Buy the self adhesive type.

Didn't know the stuff existed. :D

I might be wrong but I think he might be thinking of the surface mount trunking stuff, that is self adhesive. I have never seen the tube type conduit (that I assume you are talking about) with any kind of adhesive on it.

For using the hot glue, don't stick it on the tube and then push in, you get a gap at the back then and if it lifts away the glue is all dusty and won't stick again, instead push the conduit into place and then squirt glue down the edges. Two man job for easiest results.

Square trunking with seperate covers are self adhesive. conduit is round tube and isnt sticky.

If its channelled in I have used nails bent over each side. But that needs to be deepish or they will grin through.

Shallow then yup, hot melt. Or even gaffa tape :shock: 8)

I recently had my house rewired using plastic tubular conduit chased into the walls and it was held in place with an occasional dab of render or tile adhesive (I'm not sure). Once the wiring was done it was filled in with the same stuff and then skimmed.

Latest posts

Back