What we got for Christmas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ian Dalziel":3srjzd4i said:
in measures to stop it all rusting...

as does central heating, 8)
Go away, you 'orrible specimen.
tounge.gif

waterhead37":3srjzd4i said:
A B&Q dehumidifier does it
I'm a bit worried about having to dehumidify the 2' thick walls as well, never mind parts of west Cornwall. But I am looking into it, mainly 'cos of the additional benefit for the timber too.

Cheers, Alf

Who didn't like to list the non-tool pressies 'cos they seem to consist of rather a lot of alcohol...
blush2.gif

Ian
Whats the story with your workshop? I was talking to Dan Holton the other week-he said you built it as a house but then moved your workshop into it? Is this true?
Cheers
Philly :D

It's true Philly, Ian's workshop floor and walls are finished to a higher spec than my front room.

Noel, who has not been snooping around other people's workshops but once saw a few pictures of Ian's shop.

Noel

Edited cause he canny sprll

Philly,
The workshop is to full house standards, the only difference is it doesnt have the inside walls. i did it this way and went for full planning permission so i could convert it by putting walls up if i either sell or swmbo puts me out for spending toooooo much on tools, nice and comfy to work in and very quiet when machines are on full blast so i dont annoy any neighbours. It should be appearing in GWW soon, hence i try and not show too much of what its like when i show photos but the odd bit of coving and flooring show up.

well spotted Noely

Ian

Ian,
You must be a very neat worker! Apart from anything else, my workshop floor is covered with glue spots, patches of stain, the odd gouge and so forth.

It would probably turn back into the garage it once was but a proper room in a house - not easily!

Chris,
The laminate floor is one of the best moves i ever did, i drop glue on it all day once its hard it lifts of with a scraper, stain etc just wipe off and sweeping it is a pleasure not a chore (for my son i might add). I spent a few grand on good extraction and filters and its very easy to keep clean,

I havent dropped any chisels or gouges but i did once drop my orteguil mitre trimmer and it took a small gouge out but the laminate does seem to be pretty scratch proof, great and smooth for wheeling machinery about, definately a good move and not to expensive nowadays

Ian

i took delivery of SIP 14"bandsaw,pl/th and dust extractor.not a present from anyone else but myself.trouble is got them up and running okay now going to spain for 3 months.so i hope Alf doesnt send the rust across from falmouth

Back