What we got for Christmas

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pete W

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope Santa was kind to everone... he certainly was to me :)

Of the woodworking-related stuff (I managed to get my entire family in on the act!) I got a LV medium shoulder plane; a couple of Bessey UniKlamps; and the new Taunton book on boxmaking.

All I need now is more workshop time in 2005 :roll: :)

How about everyone else?

I got the boxmaking book too, along with Ernest Jones Techniques of Furniture Making (blooming good!!) and a £25 Axminster voucher from the In Laws.
I think the voucher will be going on a set of lip and spur drill bits and a chatter free countersink.
Regards, MMD (who is waiting for Holly to settle down after her last feed).

Difficult to take on airlines these days.

I'll let the wife lead the way on any treks, or take on that Dundee bloke as a guide.

I did get one present though I bet no one else has got????

A DIGITAL CLOCK THAT DOES NOT HAVE A BATTERY. (HONEST)

it runs on water (somebody thought it would be good for camping
I suppose.

I've got a digital radio that doesn't run on batteries, either. You plug it into the mains electric.

I like the sound of a water powered radio, though. How does it work? I presume you don't have to connect it to your own water mill.

I'm looking forward to the day when they bring out a combination electricity/water powered radio. It should provide hours of entertainment watching the fire brigade in action.

Gill

I am guessing you made your Christmassy Avatar ? It looks great.

Thanks Chris.

I didn't get anything woodworky this Christmas but I'm not complaining. I was quite happy with my (almost) new car instead :D . Since I've now got my own transport, Santa can put his reindeer out to graze as far as I'm concerned.

I do like the look of those Freeplay radios. One would have been a smashing present for my other half who doesn't have a power point at work. He gets through far too many batteries on his radio for his environmental conscience. At least I've got an idea what to buy him for his birthday.

I think my New Year's Resolution has got to be that I should somehow find a little spare time for some woodwork :roll: .

Gill

Hi All
Only thing ww'ing related was James Krenov's book "With Wakened Hands" -Its the only one of his i don't have. Some great pieces of work in this bok, really got me excited and raring to get in the workshop.
(I think I had quite enough tool pressies from Myself this last few months, so wasn't disappointed :lol: )
Happy new Year
Philly :D

I got the digital radio that I wanted (The BUG). Andy recommended it and as far as I know it's the only one that does all the things I wanted like playing and recording MP3s onto a flash card.

It works very well and does exactly what it says on the tin - even if it does look funny. :)

Metabo Powergrip tool. Do I like it? Nope, going back as soon as I get the return label. After reading John Elliot's posts on it I thought I'd put the order in through Mrs Santa. There was a torch as well, which I liked better than the 'grip. The 'grip doesn't feel right in my hand (granted, common first impression from most users was that it was bigger than imagined), bad clickedy click in the gears and a generally feeling that it was a bit on the lightweight side. As with most tools first impressions generally indicate how you are going to get on with it. I just didn't.
JMHO. as I know others are happy with theirs.

Noel

You've no idea how impressed I am that we all, died-in-the-wool gloaters that we seem to be, resisted starting this thread until Tuesday!
blink.gif

Anyway, I got part of the afore-driven-by Bosch SCMS, the expected digital calipers (yep, shavings of 1 thou as previously claimed are all true
tounge.gif
) and an L-V 3 in 1 marking gauge from a mysterious Elf. Now all I need to do is spend the bits and bobs of money I got (the "we simply don't know what to get you" presents...) in measures to stop it all rusting...
annoyed.gif

Cheers, Alf

* My current pet rant - did you notice?
rolleyes.gif

Incra Ultra 24 router table fence from Santa and some 3/4" ply + oak to make Norm's router table to use it on (nearly finihsed building it now :wink: )

Rest was books, bonsai tree, CD and chocolate :D

oh, and I got some boxer shorts and socks too (of course) :)

tony what are you going to make with the wood from the bonsi tree when its chopped down cut and dried :wink: :wink:

ps what sort of pygmy wood is it.

i got two WOODRAT d/t cutters and a plunge bar and an xbox my big pressi will be in a few weeks time (so the loml keeps saying )
my youngest went to see the kitchen i built for the eldest and said the old fella's getting better at this woodworking lark :roll: :wink:

Nice to see you got the Bug Chris. Have you started on the cabinet for it yet? or how are you keeping the dust off?

The woodworking Santa has not visted me yet as we've been in France with the outlaws. Should get a few surprises tomorrow when we vist my folks.

Andy
who is glad there is little to do in the office as there are so many posts here to catch up on. Some of you have even found times to make things.

Bonne Annee

Back