What tools would you like from the usa?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wood1000

Established Member
Reaction score
If the laws of safety laws were't an issue, or the price of the tools. What tools would you like from the usa?

Long list coming up :twisted:

Cheaper Bessey K-body clamps
Delta Unisaws with Dado heads and Beismeiser fence systems
More PC routers and stuff
Something like Rockler :wink:
An English show like the NYW (but better :p )
Theres more also...

Good question. Hmm... If I'm allowed to count in Canada as well, I'd go for:

Lee Valley Veritas Planes
Anything from Lie-Nielsen, especially a 4 1/2 with a high angle frog.
Joiner's Hand screws (type of clamp that used to be common over here, but no longer)
Thumb screws for using on home made tools (not torture implements, but bolts with a wide flat area for finger tightening. Odd choice, I know and not really a tool I suppose)
Granite surface plates
Tool steel more readily available
Disston saws under every rock
Push drills ditto
Millers Falls ditto
Block planes ditto
Timber at US prices
Delta 14" bandsaw or, better still, a Laguna

Sorry, what was the question? I think I got a bit carried away there. Although I'm sure I've forgotten something. So, are you going to send us a relief parcel then? :D

Cheers, Jester

That saw norm uses, Dunno the make with all the trimmings [fence, tenoning gig e.t.c] .

What is the make of it wood100? cause all his tools are painted Battleship Grey.

Sawdust_Producer :shock:

I just had to add to the list : A pocket hole machine like Norms. I'm sure i'd use that every day (not)

It's a Delta Unisaw (weve already included that for Wood1000 to send us. Make it 4 one for each of us :wink:

sure as soon as I get the new dewalt Radio Arm Saw, bandsaw, planer Thicknesser, And the flip over site saw.

Yeah,

Unisaw, Beisemeyer fence..... dado head
LV Shoulder Planes (small, medium, large)
LN High angle frog and a 4.5 to put it in,
Rout-R Raiser lift (ot whatever they are called)
Full set of Table saw/Router Incra Jigs
Cheap high quality router bits

However, I'm managing without all the above, and the small tool purchase budget I'd allowed myself for January, has dissappeared to the Tsunami disaster relief fund.

Adam

Wood1000
Are you some kind of devious devil, taunting us from the "Other Side"?
You're not just doing this for your own fun are you? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, now got my Unisaw (clone), dado, Osborne, tenon jig, check shirt.
Now need lots of cheap high quality timber, Dunkin Donuts, that nice chap Tom L-N to pop by for coffee and World Peace! :roll:

Happy New Year to you,
Philly :D

To be fair, I found that most things can easily be purchased from the States (or Canada). My recent Lee Valley order made it through without any Import Duty or Excise Duty, just VAT and a "ParcelForce Clearance Fee". All in all I saved about 25% over buying it in the UK.

Adam

Back