what to make!!!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomaskennedy

Established Member
Reaction score
hi,
i know this sounds really stupid but....i have some 30mm mahogany and i was wondering what i could make with it! i was going to make some outdoor chairs or an outdoor table but the 30mm thickness would be way too thick!
so if you know of any projects (prefirably outdoor) that could be made from this thickness of wood!

Thanks a bunch

Tom

Hi Tom.

What size stock is it, 30mm square or 30mm thick boards or....?
Also what quantity do you have?

30mm square you could use for a nice arbor-seat framing, P/T some down to 3/4" for the seat, etc..Thats all that springs to mind, really.

Sorry if it's not much help :oops: but I know not a lot :(

Failing that, donations are always welcome :D as I take in all manner of waifs and strays, much to TPTB's torment I might add :wink: :D

Ta muchly

Gary

Tom,

How about a garden bench rather than chairs?

There was a beautiful example in FWW a while back, but it isn't on their website. However, this one might give you some ideas (scroll to the bottom of the page):

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/ ... ow_158.asp

The one I thought of originally was rather more oriental in appearance, but this one has the same chunky, imposing character :).

Yes you're right Gary...... barely any point trying to make something out of 30mm mahog...
Best I take that off your hands Tom. Face it - it's no use to you. Don't worry - I'll come and collect it. For a price :wink:

well donating it was my first thought-honest! :oops: :lol:

well it is 30mm thick, 4" wide and 3m long (a nice varing range of metric and impearial!!)

i was thinking about a bench but my mum just bought one-silly person!
although it is only one of your standard B&Q jobbies though!

Pete W

i like the look of that bench that might have to be a future project!

Tanks for the suggestions keep 'em comin' !

Tom

Back